I joined meetup.com when I moved, in hopes of getting to know other moms in the area with kids around Bella’s age. One of them was the S&L (where I live) Healthy Moms. I was excited to see that most of their members were all about cloth diapering, being organic, and getting healthy.
So when I got the invitation for a 7-12 month old playdate at someone’s home, you think I would have been all over it, right?
Instead, I have spent the past week pondering even going. It’s next Thursday and all I can think of is,
- “What if no one there likes me?”
- “What if they all already know each other and I’m the weird person that showed up to some lady’s home?”
- “Should I bring a gift for the hostess? Does that scream kiss up? If I don’t, and everyone else does, can I go home?”
- “What if they look at me and think, ‘Um, to join this you have to be healthy and you look like you swallowed a bicycle tire.’?”
- “What if Bella bonks some kid on the head and the mom flips out on me?”
So needless to say, I’m shaking in my boots (my imaginary new fall suede knee highs that I won’t be able to buy) from the thought of attending and….
Which is the story of my life. 🙂
So any tips on getting over this? Attending a playdate with moms you’ve never met at a home you’ve never been to? Playdate etiquette?