Sunday Confessions

October 3, 2010

I bite my fingernails.

And I HATE it. HATE HATE HATE.

The only time I ever had nice nails was when I was pregnant, and once in a while when I take care of them on a regular basis (which is so much work).

I envy people with beautiful nails.

October 6, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I bite mine all the time too. I was going through my 101 in 1001 list recently and realized I had on there ‘don’t bite nails for 1 month’. WTH did I put that on there??? So I am 2 weeks in…they are killing me..so tempting. I want to bite them.

• Ameena

October 4, 2010 at 9:52 am

I don’t bite my nails and they are still ugly. I haven’t had a manicure since my wedding 10 years ago. I’m not lying!!

Anyway, just found your blog and I love it! Looking forward to reading more.

• Jackie

October 4, 2010 at 6:24 am

I bite mine, too. I know it’s a nasty habit but it’s SO hard to break. Until I noticed that my 16 month old is starting to do it now, too. Oh.my.god. I need to stop NOW! I can’t let her develop that habit!

• Carrie

October 3, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Well this comment has nothing to do with fingernails (so sorry!) I just saw your post on Scary Mommy, and barely got through the words “severe reflux” before deciding I NEEDED to visit your blog! My daughter also has horrible reflux (I mean, HORRIBLE– she was tube fed for a year it was so bad) and pukes everywhere. Just had to stop by and say hi to someone whose couches and tee-shirts probably have the same “designs” that mine do. You probably also have to bring burp clothes and bags with you everywhere as well. Ah, love being a reflux mama!

• Lynn

October 3, 2010 at 3:23 pm

I”m a nail biter too 🙁 I’ve bitten since I was in first grade, and though there have been periods where I was able to quit the habit it’s never stayed gone. My one satisfaction? My mother used to tell me that nobody would ever want to marry somebody that bit their nails. I sure proved her wrong!

October 3, 2010 at 5:15 pm

YES! Someone used to tell me the same thing – a relative or teacher, I can’t remember. It made me so upset.

I should find them… 🙂

October 3, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Hmmm, I don’t bite my nails because I know what kind of germs are under there. Seriously, it’s enough to make me want to vomit, just thinking about it. And I wash my hands several times a day, and clean the dirt out like every hour. But I won’t judge you, because I am a picker. I pick at scabs, cuticles, my kids’ nails, their noses. I don’t sit there and do it all day long, but if I see a booger, I will pick it out of their nose. If I have a dry scab, I will pick it off. If I have peeling sking from a sunburn, I will pick it. There, you know my dirty secret.

October 3, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Lol Jen, this is why I love you. I was so hoping someone would confess to something on here – makes me feel better. 🙂

I really wish I didn’t bite them. It’s a nasty habit.

1. Jen

October 3, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Yes, I thought that was the point of the post. So you could find out everyone else’s confessions. And you know what?? I never called you, and I really wanted to. I don’t know your schedule, and I would be the one to call during naptime or dinner, or something of the sort. I want to catch up, just let me know a good time.

• Tina Marie

October 3, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I used to bite mine, and then one day I just stopped. I don’t know what happened, but I just never have again. But, it was the bane of my existence until then. I always felt so self conscious about my hands.

• Siva

October 3, 2010 at 1:34 pm

So do I! I hate it too. 🙁 I found that Sally Hansen products seem to work really well.

• Not There Yet

October 3, 2010 at 1:23 pm

You could take the prenatals again (over the counter) and then you might get strong nails and you wont want to bite them. I was a nail biter until I was nearly 20 years old. And if you take care of them – a new coat of polish every week or so, you wont want to…. and then you will look down and you will not be a nail biter any more!