Holy crap.

November 6, 2010

Those areย the very unlady-like words that came out of my mouth today as I weighed in, after reminding myself that not losing very much or possibly any the first week of a diet was fine. I had next week, and the week after – forever if I needed to. It was ok.

I pep talked myself all the way into the bathroom.

I got on the scale, jumped off, and yelledย at Sam through the hallway, “Holy crap I lost 5lbs!”

Which I am so pumped about. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam was all, “Wow, good job baby!”

Then Weight Watchers cautioned me that while I might be excited, I needed to make sure I wasn’t becoming bulimic or something. And to remember to eat all my points. And acceptable weight loss is 2lbs a week.

Thanks Debbie Downer.

And no worries on eating all my points, I’ve got that covered.

And to top it all off? Sam said casually, “And hey, if you haven’t pooped yet there’s another pound or so you can take off too. Something to look forward to.”

I’m just going to leave it at 5lbs. Thanks though honey.

November 8, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Awesome job!! That’s hilarious that Weight Watchers is telling you to be cautious. I think 5 pounds is more than acceptable for a week’s weight loss. And for the record, I always weigh myself in the morning, right after I have my daily constitution. I get the best numbers that way ๐Ÿ™‚

• Erika @Namammaste

November 7, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Wow! Congratulations! Good job! You have definitely helped motivate me! Weight watchers is an amazing program that really encourages healthy habits and I think I may just have to go back to tracking my points too!

Also, I LOVE Sam’s comment… that’s such a guy thing to say! All I have to say is: Guys and their “constitutions”… so unfair!

• Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life

November 7, 2010 at 10:39 am

YAY! That is awesome Diana!! Way to go! I want to do the C25K also very soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• Krista

November 7, 2010 at 6:54 am

Congrats! That’s awesome.

PS. Your husband & I *may* think the same way when it comes to weight loss. ๐Ÿ˜‰

November 7, 2010 at 11:10 am

I knew it couldn’t just be him. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Tanya @ Life in 3D

November 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm

First…CONGRATS! That’s awesome ๐Ÿ™‚
    Secondly…my husband would SO say the same thing..lol!

November 6, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Thank you! And it was totally something he would say since he works out and knows. I just, don’t know. Because, I don’t care.

Also, I don’t want to think about it. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Kim

November 6, 2010 at 4:36 pm

1st, Sam?? Are you really a 4 year old boy? Because John is all over that comment ๐Ÿ™‚ 2nd, Weight Watchers: Really? Did you honestly caution her to look out for bulemia after one week and 5lbs?? Gag. Oh Wait! THAT’S a sign of bulemia! 3rd, Diana, YOU ROCK!!!!! Great, huge, Awesome job!! Way to go!!

November 6, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Weight Watchers is totally the fat chick that is all jealous when her friend shows up looking thinner than her.

• Alexia

November 6, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Whoo hoo! How cool is that?! Great work Diana with or without the potty break ; )

November 6, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Thanks!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m off to read your post in a second, can’t wait to hear what you’re saying about meetup!

• Siva

November 6, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Congrats lady! Keep it up.

• Yoga Mama

November 6, 2010 at 9:58 am

WOOT WOOT! Rock it lady!

I’m telling you, yoga is the way to go. I know you’ve been working hard, keep at it!

November 6, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Yoga is amazing. I am telling you, I adore being at home in my sweats and just flying through the moves. It’s so convienent, and it’s going to be perfect for when the cold weather hits here.