The Thigh Slicer

November 23, 2010

Still dieting – not as chunky anymore. I have my tracker on the right explaining that I don’t even have to touch the ground to lose weight. (My shoes are awesome) And so far? I’ve lost a little over 8lbs in 3 weeks. I’m pretty pumped about that.

Things are beginning to fit that I sobbed over not getting past my thighs a few weeks ago. Shirts are more fun to wear, my arms aren’t as jiggly.

But, I’ve been terrible this past week about exercising. We’ve had busy mornings and I hate to get all sweaty after I’ve showered and dressed. I feel like when Bella goes down for morning nap I’m on ULTRA CLEAN mode and usually at the end of that she’s up. And there goes doing anything else.

When I get a chance, I’m doing yoga at home. One of my favorite ones to practice to is Namaste from FitTV, only we don’t have cable. The CD’s for each season run $50 plus shipping. However, I found the episodes and seasons on MoboVivo and now get to watch all of them through the computer that is hooked up to our TV.

And since those chicks have stomachs you could bounce a quarter off, it’s motivating as a reminder of what the very unrealistic, ain’t never going to happen, none of them have ever had kids goal is.

Weight Watchers meals have helped so much. I cook them every night for Sam and I – and quite honestly they are delicious and you can’t even tell they are diet food. I’ve got a pork loin roast with fennel recipe in my new page up top. With pictures. You’re going to wish you could scratch and sniff the computer. Here’s a sneak peek:

Delish.

I still have 15lbs to go. It seems like SO much, but I have to remember that I don’t have a time frame. (Just in my head) There isn’t some race for me to lose it all by Christmas. (Yes, there is) I can work and wait a few months. (Begin the year a smaller porker) Just because I can’t fit into my amazing, falls perfectly on my butt Ann Taylor jeans now doesn’t mean I never will. (Someone needs to invent a painless way to saw extra fat off your thighs – instant billionaire)

Tomorrow we have a small party for Bella with my family and there is a 15lb German Chocolate cake from Whole Foods sitting in my fridge. Yeah, it’s so tempting to go in and take small pieces of frosting. But I won’t. I’ll save that for tomorrow. nom nom nom

Then Thursday I’ll be working on my invention – The Thigh Slicer. Catchy, huh?

• Scott Valentine

December 2, 2010 at 12:39 am

You’re right. MoboVivo offers a lot of exercise and fitness videos, including some of the top yoga brands, such as: Namaste, Tracey Mallett, Stacy McCarthy, Patrick Goudeau and more. The Rania belly dance Fitness shows are also quite popular. I’d encourage you and your readers to visit the web site, or perhaps check out MoboVivo’s line of fitness and exercise apps on the iTunes store, the Android App Store, and now available for Samsung Internet TVs. Thx!

• Kim

November 24, 2010 at 3:35 pm

When the thigh slicer is finished, do me a solid and work up a double chin and tummy/hip/waist slicer, kay? Thanks. And 8lbs?? Holy crap batman! Art and I are starting after Thanks, but I don’t know what — WW or the Flat Belly. B/C I know he won’t count points and I don’t want to police him. How do you get Sam involved? I try to put my workout clothes when I get out of bed, so I’m ‘ready’ but then other things become more important than my date with Jillian. Somehow I need to fix that. Any ideas?

• Tweets that mention The Thigh Slicer | Hormonal Imbalances — Topsy.com

November 24, 2010 at 11:57 am

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Diana, Diana. Diana said: The Thigh Slicer: Still dieting – not as chunky anymore. I have my tracker on the right explaining that I don’t … http://bit.ly/gPZrWC […]

• melissa

November 24, 2010 at 7:50 am

You go lady! There have been many times I’ve wished for a thigh slicer myself. I think I remember some woman dying from bleeding to death after attempting just that (yuck) but I’m sure she fit into her skinny jeans in the casket! I know, I’m terrible. And for the record its still early morning and that picture has made me hungry for dinner already! Yummy!!

• Siva

November 24, 2010 at 1:28 am

I’d love to list 8lbs. My fat clings to me like a toddler with stranger anxiety. 🙁 I’ll have to look at your link, I used to do yoga to that show a few years ago and then forgot all about it.

Maybe you should do a yoga post? Even better, a page on it!

• Alexia

November 24, 2010 at 12:45 am

Yay for the 8 lbs!! And I will totally test out the Thigh Slicer when you get a tester ready ; ) I feel you on the whole workout frustration. I hate getting ready for the day and then working out. So then I tell myself, I’ll do it tomorrow, and then another day passes and…well, you know the drill. Plus it’s getting WAY to cold to walk outside and our house it way too small for a treadmill. So I’ll be a porker for another Christmas too. But thanks for the yoga link. Yoga is the only ‘workout’ aside from walking that I can handle. Gonna give it a try. Keep up the good work!

• Yoga Mama

November 24, 2010 at 12:38 am

Lovely! I am planning on cooking that next week for dinner.

Congrats on the continued weight loss and keep going with practicing yoga! Let me know if you have any questions.

• Cathy

November 23, 2010 at 11:31 pm

omg the picture! delish! Thursday doesn’t count so no worries 🙂 congrats on the weight loss! If I lived there, I totally would be doing yoga w/ you…love yoga!

November 23, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Congrats on the weight loss!! That is such a great feeling. Funny story, I finally broke down and bought pants in the size that I REALLY was instead of the pants I was trying to fit my muffin top into. And then, I started losing weight and my amazing jeans that fit perfectly no longer fit me. So then I had to go buy MORE jeans in a smaller size. This made me so happy, I’m not gonna lie, but then I was like, “What a waste of money. Crap.” And yeah, those women have never had a baby. My pudge around my belly button is here to stay, no matter how much weight I lose.