My new ‘do.

December 3, 2010

I wanted to show you my new haircut. To prove my photography skills I wore black so you can’t see the cut well – and just realized it while editing these. I got it done this Tuesday by my long time friend Katy Jo, who is amazing. She is like a natural at cutting hair, one of those stylists (and friends) that you ponder kidnapping if you ever had to move.

It’s been since April since I had my hair cut. That’s just sad. I don’t know why I waitย that long when it feels so fantastic after it’s done. I think I’m just terrified someone’s going to mess it up. Like the Poodle Perm of 2001. Or the blonde to black Herbal Essences disaster of 1999.

Or the time I could pull my hair like a rubber band from all the stuff I’d done to it, then it turned orange, and I had to chop it all off. (STOP LAUGHING ALYSON)

Anyway, trauma aside, Bella and I were playing around in the mirror taking pics and I thought I’d share a few of them.

• Nikki

December 4, 2010 at 8:14 am

Oh, I love it! And I love Bella’s face on the last one. “Mommy, you so silly taking pictures in the mirror!”

• harmskills

December 4, 2010 at 5:28 am

looks great! yeah i get my hair cut like twice a year! time and money not high on priority list

• Abigail @ Skywaitress

December 3, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Really cute! I love it!

December 3, 2010 at 8:49 pm

And now I must read your post.

• Alexia

December 3, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Sooooo cute!! And you’re looking fabulous BTW!! Love those layers and bangs. Is your hair naturally straight?

P.S. Don’t be too jealous of my wedding tan Diana…that’s my au naturel ‘winter’ color. You should see me in the summer ; )

P.P.S. Bella’s tummy in that last pic is too cute…want to give her a raspberry!!

December 3, 2010 at 8:48 pm

My hair is naturally curly – like soft ringlets. I love it but I can’t ever figure out how to style it like that.

And now I hate you more that that was your winter tan. Because those two words are like oxymorons in this house. My legs are like snow.

1. Alexia

December 4, 2010 at 10:50 am

LMAO!! You my not have a tan but you’ve got the talent to style your do! I’m blowdry-challenged so despite having soft ringlets like you I can’t make it straight and smooth for all the tea in China. We always want what we don’t have, right? ; )

• kim

December 3, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Ok, first, I demand pics of all those *amazing* hair catastrophe’s you mentioned!! Just picturing them had me totally laughing!! Orange? Really? Awesome. And I LOVE the new do!! So flattering!! And way sexy! You are rockin’ it, momma! Bella looks beyond adorable in that last pic, with her little tongue peeking out. ๐Ÿ™‚ Your previous post, Glimpses of heaven? Broke my heart. Hold onto those moments. I’m so glad you recognize them. SO.GLAD. And you did recognize them when she was tinier, you just don’t exactly recall recognizing them because you were so sleep deprived. You did appreiciate the moment. You just don’t remember. Make sense?

December 3, 2010 at 8:47 pm

You know what? If I can find them I totally will.

And thanks – I think I remember tiny moments of total bliss with her, but overall it was just massive sleep cravings I felt.

1. Jen

December 3, 2010 at 10:54 pm

I think I might have some pictures of the orange catastrophe. Facebook, anyone?? ๐Ÿ™‚

• t.bird

December 3, 2010 at 3:12 pm

it’s adorable!

…your hair & bella’s face of course ๐Ÿ˜‰

December 3, 2010 at 8:46 pm

๐Ÿ™‚ Lol

December 3, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Bwahahahahaha!! Haven’t we all made some mistakes with Herbal Essences?? Or thinking our hair would be SO super cute if we permed it?? Your hair looks amazing now, Katy did a great job. Don’t wait so long to go back!!

December 3, 2010 at 8:46 pm

You were there for some of them! I can’t believe you still talk to me after seeing me with some real winning hair styles. :p

• alison

December 3, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Dying laughing. You were so upset over those hair crisis moments. Very cute now tho, I love it

December 3, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Do you remember when I came home with that look? It was the worst.

• Cathy

December 3, 2010 at 12:44 pm

love it!

• Desi

December 3, 2010 at 11:30 am

I love your new haircut! It looks really really good on you. I want bangs badly, but my two cowlicks in the front of my head don’t allow it…so I’m sitting over here jealous.

December 3, 2010 at 8:45 pm

I have cowlicks too! But Katy taught me how to get around them (blowdry them the opposite way and then right way).

• Tammi

December 3, 2010 at 9:32 am

Cute haircut, Diana!! Miss Bella is so adorable!!

• Mrs. MidAtlantic

December 3, 2010 at 9:26 am

That’s a great cut! You look so fresh and cute!

• themanager

December 3, 2010 at 9:14 am

i LOVE it! i am so overdue for a cut. i want bangs this time! i haven’t had bangs since probably highschool.

December 3, 2010 at 8:44 pm

I’ve always had to have bangs. I have a very large forehead so it must be covered. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Tweets that mention My new โ€˜do. | Hormonal Imbalances — Topsy.com

December 3, 2010 at 8:10 am

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Diana, Diana. Diana said: My new โ€˜do.: I wanted to show you my new haircut. To prove my photography skills I wore black so you canโ€™t see t… http://bit.ly/fMMuNm […]

• Jess@Straight Talk

December 3, 2010 at 7:53 am

ooooh so stylish! Love it.

December 3, 2010 at 7:53 am

Way cute, and very flattering. ๐Ÿ™‚ And of course Bella is adorable.

• Erika

December 3, 2010 at 7:42 am

Love it! Last picture of Bella is great. Such a happy little girl. . .