Sunday Confessions: I don’t do haters

March 27, 2011

I have a hater. I’m not going to say who, or where she’s from. I’m sure there’s others, but this one is particularly grating on my nerves. So this post is for you, Little Miss Horrid:

I’m going to say it like it is – you’re not welcome here. I don’t know you personally, but I know your type. This is not one of those blogs where you’re going to stir up trouble and see what happens. You like confrontation and drama? You won’t get it. Not here.

See, I know you’re on my blog everyday. You rarely comment, but when you do it’s always something hateful and nasty. Something that usually has nothing to do with you. You must be an unhappy human being that you can read all my posts and only chime in when you feel you’ll inflict pain.

And your comments have been, and will continue to be, deleted. Want to know why?

Because I refuse to let your self loathing make my blog a place of dissent. Because I do not let angry, bitter, judgmental people that hurt me or my readers write on my blog. I’ve worked really hard for over a year to make this a safe haven for differences in opinion, mutual respect, and open minds. What you post is simply hatred.

You may not like my posts or how I phrase things, but I really don’t care. I certainly don’t blog for your happiness. Thank goodness, because it seems achieving that would take one hell of a post.

So go away. Take your jealous, spiteful self off my blog, and don’t look back. You aren’t going to get the attention you crave from any of us.

We don’t do haters here.

• alexis

April 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I was JUST thinking of writing a post like this, after looking at my fb and being reminded about stupid jealous people who need to stop commenting on my stuff. how weird!!!

March 28, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Some people just seem to have a hard on for being a hard ass.

• Lisa

March 28, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Glad you aren’t letting it get to you. I haven’t seen the comments and can’t imagine what there is about you to hate on. But I am not so sure I would handle it so gracefully.

March 28, 2011 at 9:12 am

Geez, I couldn’t find a single thing to hate on in that post 🙂 You’re fabulous!!

• Veronica

March 28, 2011 at 9:04 am

Good for you. I have no idea who these losers that troll blogs are but I do now that they need hobbies. Like real life and no online hobbies. Weirdo.

• Dallas

March 28, 2011 at 12:02 am

Word sista! Good for you, stand up to the cowardly bullies. I have NO patience for people like that. Anonymous or real-world.

You rock.

• Rachael

March 27, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I just recently started following you and I think you are great. Not sure why or how someone could hate you. And I know what you are going through. My husband is in the Coast Guard so I deal with not seeing him that much and long periods of time alone. Somehow we manage I guess =) Anyways keep doing what you do!!

• kim

March 27, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Like Alexia said, you’re awesomesauce, so haters be gone!! And, yeah, if they hate so much, why read? If I hate a food, I don’t eat it . . . so? Morons. Love you!

• Lizz

March 27, 2011 at 11:00 am

Nicely put!

• Lauren

March 27, 2011 at 10:30 am

AMEN, D! I’ve recently started getting more & more hateful comments on my blog. Un the beginning, I would respond to them & get all stirred up. But you know what? That did no good, because that’s what the haters want! They want to get a reaction from you. The best thing you can do is delete it. It pisses them off more than anything.

Stay strong & keep writing!!

xoxo

• Jen @TidsAndBits

March 27, 2011 at 9:29 am

Okay, okay, I’ll stop hating. Hahaha, joking people, only joking. Love this post. I had a couple of haters on the blog I used to contribute to, but it was site policy to not delete comments, so I had to plow through it. Anonymity really encourages animosity. And people can be real d-bags if they don’t have to be accountable, so I’m glad you called it out and put your foot down. Your blog is fabulous, and certainly jealousy-worthy, so I’m sure it won’t be your last!

• Desi

March 27, 2011 at 8:36 am

I’ve seen a couple posts like this and I think its a great trend. In fact, since I have started seeing these and nasty comments have been deleted more often, I haven’t seen as many of the mean comments. Usually they generate a lot of traffic and I think its awesome to take a stand against a “bully” instead of posting all over about it and in return, get a lot of people coming over to check it out. Way to go Diana!

• Alexia

March 27, 2011 at 8:32 am

A to the men!!

What I don’t understand is why someone would waste their time reading a blog they don’t agree with. WTF?! Really lady? Get a life is right.

Keep on being you, cause you is awesomesauce!!

• Elizabeth

March 27, 2011 at 8:25 am

sometimes I think I’m a hater. Usually because I’m jealous of whatever/whoever and how they’ve represented themselves on their blog. and with those same people, sometimes I CAN’T stop reading their blogs. There are a couple of blogs I stopped reading, but others I really actually like for the most part. Or do I love to hate? I hope not. That being said, I wouldn’t dare make a mean comment. Who am I to say anything about the way someone else chooses to depict their life on the internet? Especially because a lot of it boils down to differences in the choices we’ve made in how we live our lives. I decided I can’t begrudge other people their choices if I don’t want them judging mine. Besides, I can’t handle the karmic backlash of putting something like that out there in the universe, I have enough problems. Well, this is super long. Anyway, I love this post of yours, and I love your blog. Have a great Sunday.

• Teresa

March 27, 2011 at 8:22 am

Great post! I agree with Kat: if a reader comes back to read and can’t contribute a mature and tasteful comment, why are they even reading the blog? I don’t read things that offend me time and time again, it’s just pointless…

• Kat

March 27, 2011 at 7:44 am

Right on! If she doesn’t like what you have to say, why does she read your blog? If I find a blog that I’m not keen on, I just move on. I firmly believe that we get what we give so her life can’t be too pleasant. Almost makes me feel sorry for her.

• Dana K

March 27, 2011 at 7:34 am

Geez! Some people have way too much time on their hands. I have never understood the obsessive need some people have to try & tear down another person. It is usually jealousy…

• Noelle Spooner

March 27, 2011 at 7:31 am

Word!!

• Miranda

March 27, 2011 at 7:12 am

I feel lucky that I haven’t found myself a hater yet. Or if I have, the hater stays quiet. But if I had someone coming to MY HOUSE to stir up dissent, I’d do exactly what you’ve done.

Hate that someone out there is hating on you.