From here on out

October 13, 2011

From here on out – I’m not going to write one more “Should I ever blog again” post. Never. I will either write or won’t.

This is my blog. My thoughts. If you don’t like it, don’t come back.

I delete hater comments (which is why many of you asked where they were) and last night got a CRAP ton in from random people.

Kiss it. If you can’t deal with the fact that I like to clean my house on a regular basis, I’m sorry. Really – because that’s pretty pathetic. I have crappy days and things I don’t do well, and the fact that my home is clean is the least of your worries. Be proud of the things you are great at in your home, outside of your home, and with your children. You don’t see me getting my panties in a wad when you write about being great at something.

And thanks haters. You did me a favor. You brought more traffic to here, new people, and made my husband laugh at your pathetic little comments that made fun of me.

If you choose to come back, know this. Your comments will be trashed. I don’t even read them, I ask Sam too because he gets a kick out of someone writing, “OMG you are such a loser and whiny little baby” when they’ve never met me. Talked to me. Been on my blog.

So kiss it. I’ll write whatever I want on here. And if you can’t deal, if my cleaning sprees make you irate – then leave.

Or GET OFF HERE AND CLEAN YOUR OWN HOME.

*GASP*

• jb

October 16, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Diana, I really love your blog. I found it shortly after going through my own marital hardships and it spoke so deeply to where I was at. You also touch on so many things that I personally love: farmers markets, baby wearing, breastfeeding, being a wife and mom.

This comment may get trashed, but as a reader of your blog, I thought this particular post sounded slightly immature. You have a strong opinion about something and you shared it, and yet when people replied with their own strong opinion, you called these responses pathetic.

You may disagree, but I thought shouting at them to get off your blog and clean their house was unnecessary. Most the people who agreed with having a clean house had one child. I have a 3, 4, and 5 year old and we’re working on adopting a 4th from Russia. I homeschool the oldest, and we have white tile floors. Honestly, my house is not clean and I felt judged by your words, as though I shouldn’t even be reading your blog. Those pins that you posted, I personally think, were meant to encourage people like me….not insult people like you. I’d love to be as capable as you, but alas I am not.

October 16, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I want to emphatically correct one thing – I did not call the people who responded with their own opinion pathetic. I called the people who emailed me with horrible words and comments pathetic. Those were deleted. I stated that very clearly – everyone can disagree but if you call me a bitch or say you hate me I will delete your comment. That is who this post was directed to. And that is my right.

• Good Girl Gone Green

October 14, 2011 at 10:04 am

I peed a little while laughing! You are an amazing person. This is your blog, your home and you are able to write whatever you want! 🙂

October 14, 2011 at 8:42 am

So, I have been so MIA lately when it comes to computers, and I am totally okay with that. I have not lost my obsession with Words With Friends, but the computer does not have the same value as it used to. That being said, I still love to read your blog, and the effortless way you convey exactly what most people would love to say, but don’t know how. And as a working mother with 2 toddlers and one on the way, I can honestly say my house is super clean 99% of the time. And, hold on to your horses here, my kids are well fed, happy and love to cuddle with me all of the time. Because as much time as I spend cleaning, I spend 3 times as much just being with my kids. Plus, KEEPING a clean home is so much easier than a big massive clean spree a couple times a month. Just saying. I think you’re awesome, and even more, you know Bella thinks you’re great. She just gets to have mommy time in a clean house, and I for one applaud you. Bravo.

• Shannon MIlliorn

October 13, 2011 at 7:14 pm

YAY go you! Glad to “hear you voice again” its been awhile!

normally i don’t even read the comment section bc i get all mad at the idiots in your defense and i didn’t even know there was all this crazyness going on until i read Kim’s blog

YAY

• Melissa

October 13, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Good for you! I seriously don’t understand why some got so offended by that post and I still can’t believe you’re getting flack for it. Some people have too much time on their hands..maybe they should clean? 😉

• Katie

October 13, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Fabulous attitude 🙂

• Leighann

October 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm

And that’s what a blog should be about.
    Good for you!

• Melissa

October 13, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Well said!!! I’ll still read your blog! 🙂

• molly

October 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm

What in the world did I miss? Anyway, I don’t understand why people are sending you hateful comments. I think you’re perfectly lovely and funny and HONEST. Do people expect us to be all HEY, everything is perfect and the world is wonderful all the time? I friggin’ hate those types of blogs.

I would rather read someone who is honest about who they are, good or bad.

October 13, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I think (and I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong) that they expected me to be able to admit my faults and shortcomings but never admit I’m good at cleaning. Or like it. Or feel it’s part of my job since my husband works 16 hours a day and some weekends.

But – other than that, everything is lovely. 🙂 lol

• Sarah

October 13, 2011 at 11:55 am

LOVE. 🙂

• Katie

October 13, 2011 at 11:42 am

Oh my god Diana, I love you. Amazing post.

• Susan

October 13, 2011 at 10:19 am

Yes! Keep up the good work. I love this post, as well as all the rest of them. Good idea to have Sam read the responses first…you don’t need the rude remarks rummaging around in your head all day.

October 13, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Thanks Susan – whenever I write these I always think of you and my mom reading them. What you’ll think of me after – because it’s on the sarcastic and harsh side at times. But I’m glad it came off the way I intended and not as mean and spiteful.

• Nicole

October 13, 2011 at 10:14 am

Oh god forbid you like to have a clean house…so do I, but I work 3 days/wk and sometimes it not possible and let me tell you it is probably the thing that bothers me the MOST! I guess I’m a whiny baby too.

How pathetic to criticize you for that!

October 13, 2011 at 12:36 pm

We can start a whiny baby club. lol

I’ve got a messy house today – we’re packing and cleaning to go on a trip but before I leave – it will be spotless. Because I’m leaving the husband here for 8 days and when I come back…

There will be a sad face.

• Teresa

October 13, 2011 at 10:03 am

I love you. When I read the clean home post, I will admit that I got jealous of your clean home. I felt guilty. I wouldn’t leave a nasty comment, but I did feel a little resentment. I got off the computer and cleaned my house yesterday. Thank you. The mean comments were probably from people who cannot take advice or criticism and instead of admitting that they are lazy (like I did) just bash ppl as a defense mechanism. Don’t change, Diana. You helped me more than you know, in many of your past posts.

October 13, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I adore you. I love, love, love how honest you are. And I feel jealous when I come over and see your gorgeous face and how little effort you have to do to be stunning. So we’re even. :p

But thank you. This comment meant a lot to me.

• Andy

October 13, 2011 at 9:59 am

This made me smile, big time! This needed to be said. In every comment I read there seemed to be a common question, “please tell me I’m doing good enough.” And you said it: be proud of what you’re good at. Know what you do well, enjoy it, and learn to relax a little. You really hit the nail on the head! And to those out there who still miss the point, stop trying to make yourself feel better by criticizing others. This has been fun to watch from the sidelines, and it sounds like Sam has been enjoying himself as well 😀

October 13, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Sam has – I get my feathers all ruffled because I want PEOPLE TO READ and not skim, but he’s like, “Oh, who cares? Now let me see the comments.”

• Bethany

October 13, 2011 at 9:54 am

This post deserves its own theme song. Woot!
    I think there should also be a written version of the three-snaps-and-head-bob move.
    You’re awesome.

October 13, 2011 at 12:18 pm

In my head – I bobbed and snapped while reading this.

• story

October 13, 2011 at 9:49 am

So sorry people made you feel bad. I hope I wasn’t one of them. Of course it’s your blog. Of course you should write what you think.

October 13, 2011 at 9:51 am

Your comment is still there. 🙂 It definitely wasn’t you – I thought what you wrote was really, really eye opening and well put.

• Suz

October 13, 2011 at 9:42 am

Awesome! Love it!

• Mrs. MidAtlantic

October 13, 2011 at 9:31 am

YES! I like this Diana! I see pride! I see power! I see a bad-a$$ mother who don’t take no crap off of nobody! (guess that movie)

October 13, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I just about died laughing reading this – Cool Runnings was our favorite movie growing up! My poor mom must have watched it a thousand times.

• Blair@HeirtoBlair

October 13, 2011 at 9:29 am

& then I sprained my thumb giving the most enthusiastic thumbs-up ever.