Worth the Wait

October 18, 2011

Oh. My heart…

It was so worth the 20 years it took to come back here.

I can’t even put into words yet all that I felt. I really can’t. It’s so overwhelming and so much to process. But I have what I came for, I feel like in a way I was able to tell my childhood here goodbye, and this has been one of the biggest events in my life.

Truly. I’ll never forget it.

I’ll write it all down later – things happened here that had God’s hand all over them. One thing I wanted to share was how it was almost exactly the way I remembered it. Scenes in my head I’d replayed for so long were real – none of it was distorted or changed. I was so thankful for that, and it hit me again hat an impact living here must have had on me. No where else we ever lived made me feel this way.

So thankful I came here and got to share these moments with Erika.

My home:

20111018-003431.jpg

The church next to us. My dad was the pastor:

20111018-003659.jpg

Erika and me on the back porch:

20111018-003520.jpg

Lots of tears. Healing ones. I’ll share the rest soon. But I couldn’t sleep till I told at least a little.

I think I found one of the missing pieces of my heart by coming back.

• Julia’s Child / Sarah

October 23, 2011 at 7:05 am

Oh! That house looks like something out of a story book. Beautiful.

• Michelle

October 19, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Have you ever heard “the house that built me” by Miranda Lambert? That song always gives me chills. It’s a great song and I bet you could relate.

Your childhood home is beautiful!

• Friendship And Time

October 18, 2011 at 7:12 pm

[…] It was really special to relive our childhood memories while watching our children play together.  She wrote a short post with a few pictures here. […]

• Alexia

October 18, 2011 at 7:45 am

Oh Diana, so incredibly happy you had this experience! Can’t wait to hear all about it. You two look so happy!

P.S. Is that town the set of a movie or something? Your old house and church look unreal, like the ‘small town’ set on the Universal studios back lot! So beautiful!

• Adam @ Hanging with Dad

October 18, 2011 at 6:07 am

That looks like a pretty sweet parsonage (that’s what we called them at least). Glad you had a good time.

• Laura

October 18, 2011 at 5:31 am

What a beautiful place! I can’t wait to hear more.