This is how you pronounce Pinterest.

November 6, 2011

For the billion people who google the phrase “How do you pronounce Pinterest” every day and then hit my “I don’t do crack, I do Pinterest post” instead and leave in utter devastation:

Pin-ter-est

Like “interest” but with a P. I think that was the point the creators were trying to make.

That’s how you pronounce it. You’re welcome.

You can find me on it here.

(Also – totally like crack. Only safer and with a much nicer outcome.)

Happy Pinning!

• Rj

March 23, 2012 at 9:29 am

Put a “pin” in your “interest”. Common sense. It’ll be an SAT question soon and tens of thousands of girls will get it wrong.

Also, who pronounces interest “in-ter-est”? It’s run together like “inch-rest”. I say “pinch-rest”.

• angelinawithafoal

March 9, 2012 at 2:36 am

“How on earth were people pronouncing it wrong?”

well they were probably pronouncing it the way I do – saying ‘p’ then ‘interest’. It only dawned on me yesterday that it should be said as one word.

• Ali

January 25, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I was telling this bratty girl about the site and she corrected me saying, “Um, it’s pronounced ‘Pee-Interest’, honey.” I was just like, WTF? No, It’s not.
    Glad to know i’m not an “Idiot” for pronouncing it the way it was intended.

• Kristy

November 6, 2011 at 10:24 pm

woohoo! I’m following you now. I’m dying laughing. I might be the biggest pinterest addict out there. But, like you, I initially refused. I first heard about it from Kim (HI KIM!!!) and I thought ‘Gah! Never!’

November 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm

How on earth were people pronouncing it wrong?

• Beth Anne

November 6, 2011 at 12:01 pm

& it is just like cocaine.
    Not that I’ve done cocaine.

I’m serious. I’ve never done any drug but coffee.

• Anne-Marie

November 6, 2011 at 11:50 am

… I might just repin almost everything you have pinned. How was I not following you already? Also, Apple just tried to change “repin” into “repine” which apparently means “to feel or express discontent; fret: ‘you mustn’t let yourself repine.'” Word of the day.

• Julie @DutchBeingMe

November 6, 2011 at 9:50 am

It’s always amazing to me the number of people that add syllables to this word. I agree – for goodness sake – it’s just “interest” with a p! 🙂

• jess

November 6, 2011 at 8:55 am

Lol! Yay I was saying it right 🙂

1. Sara

November 6, 2011 at 9:21 am

Me too… Ha! Take that Nick!

• Noelle