Whining.

November 8, 2011

I’m so flippin’ exhausted.

Sam is gone all week. This is the second week of it and we have one more to go. He comes home on the weekends and then, because he’s been working 24 hours a day for 5 days, he wants to relax and I want to as well and Bella does not.

Bella is being awful. This morning she pulled my hair so hard that I almost came uncorked. I hate when she does that. Then at Gymboree she did it again while I was holding her, and refused to stand up when I put her down. So she ended up falling on the floor while I tried to catch her and it looked like I shoved her to the ground. Another mom threw me a dirty look.

The cats continually barf on the carpet and I have this dream of just opening the door and tossing them all outside to barf anywhere else they might want to except my floor.

The house is a *gasp* mess. And I’m so tired I don’t even care.

Bella wakes up multiple times a night for no apparent reason; paci that’s in her mouth, water that’s on the side, to meow at a kitty that managed to sneak in her room (probably to barf somewhere).

The days I plan things to do are the days when things spin out of control on here and I find myself glued to my phone or computer trying to entertain Bella in between emails.

I HATE GROCERY SHOPPING.

My pants are getting tighter and it’s because I need to cram every piece of food into my mouth for survival and hibernation.

Everyone is all happy and pregnant and I feel like I’m the freak of nature that is over-thinking having any more kids.

I miss Sam and the only way I can communicate with him all week is by text and only once a day as he snuck his phone out with him.

There isn’t anything good to watch on Netflix.

NO, wait. Scratch that. I did find a little gem of a show called Sister Wives/Really Creepy Husband with Bad Hair the other day. It’s good.

And I have cheesecake ice cream in front of me.

And UPS just showed up with a book.

So it’s 7:30pm and things are looking up. Who knows – in 2 more hours I could be passed out on the couch with the kitties smothering me and dirty dishes in the sink.

I know, right? Whoa, things are moving pretty fast here. Maybe we’ll just start with passing out on the couch and see where the rest of the night heads. Ease into the craziness.

• Teresa

November 9, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I hate those days!!! At least that having them makes you REALLY appreciate the good days! I have dropped my kids to the floor (from a few inches!) when they refused to put their legs down and walked away. I hate tantrums. I also spANK (GASP). When my daughter pulled my hair ONCE and I gave her a spank, she never did it again. It was merely a tap, but she knew I meant business. I’m not saying to spank Bella, just telling you what I do in my house. 🙂

• Jennifer @ Also Known As the Wife

November 9, 2011 at 12:57 pm

“Sister Wives/Really Creepy Husband with Bad Hair” I choked on my water! I’m so glad I’m not the only one with cats that like to yack for no apparent reason other than it’s something to do.

I hope the week gets better if not…I’ll gladly share my chocolate with you.

• Lisa @ Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy

November 9, 2011 at 9:18 am

I love sister wives but Cody does need a haircut. Sounds like YOU could use a sister wife or two right now 🙂 Hope the rest of the week goes better!!

• Alexia @ Babies & Bacon

November 9, 2011 at 8:54 am

Awwwww sweetie. Isn’t having a toddler fun? Hang in there…and remember it’s perfectly fine to medicate with cheesecake ice cream and TV. There’s a show I just started watching on Hulu (free online) called Misfits. It’s keeping me up past 10pm, and that’s an amazing feat. Sam will be home soon and hopefully things can go back to ‘normal’. Not that any of us know what that is!

• Anne-Marie

November 9, 2011 at 8:53 am

In case you needed more proof that whining about your kid when your kid is being awful is 100% normal:

When my niece was three, she once *threw a chair* at my sister. She was so angry that she was able to pick up a piece of furniture. She kicked her dad so hard in the chest he had a bruise for weeks. She did eventually learn to use her words. Now she whines and yells. Daily. We’re fairly certain that the extreme tantrums–new TLC show? “Extreme Tantrums”?–were a response to the trauma of a hospital stay for her asthma. But there are still times when we all love this kid but do not want to be around her.

• stephanie

November 9, 2011 at 7:36 am

First of all, I love Sister Wives but not Kody’s hair. Secondly, C is being absolutely awful this week and I want to scream! I’m so tired and I don’t feel good but hey, what does that matter, I have to be a mom. AH! Right now he is being somewhat pleasant and shoving a paper in my face requesting me to draw a bird. I don’t want to draw another flippin’ bord little dude!!

Also, hugs to you!

• Law Momma

November 9, 2011 at 7:36 am

All of a sudden I feel like you might be living my life… 🙂 Hang in there, lady, you can make it through, swear!

• Madonna

November 9, 2011 at 7:36 am

I’m sorry. We are also going through the whiny/tantrum/waking up for no reason in our house too. And it is making me miserable. I’m so exhausted by the time I sit on the couch at night I am passing out… which means not doing house work, not studying, and not putting in over time for my job. I have actually looked forward to going to work this week solely because I don’t have E whining in my ear all day. I love her, but it has been one of those weeks. And the husband is working longer hours this week, which means by the time he does get home, he’s tired and cranky.

Just know that you are not alone and hopefully it will get better next week. *Hug*

• TheNextMartha

November 9, 2011 at 7:34 am

I could totally use some cheesecake right now. Sorry you had a crappy day/week.

• Noelle

November 9, 2011 at 7:30 am

Some days I think it would be so nice to have a sisterwife 🙂 I hope you’re feeling better soon. If ice cream doesn’t do the trick I suggest cheezit and m&m, they usually work for me. ((Hugs))

• Kim

November 9, 2011 at 6:55 am

Lord, I love you. Throw that mom the side eye, give her the two finger ‘I got my eyes on YOU’ single and walk away. If it’s any help at all, Sarah and John both wake up multiple times at night for the same reasons. NO reason. Well, John says he’s scared. Of what? We don’t know. Scared we won’t let him into our bed, probably. Eat your ice cream, let the kitties lick the plates, you look hot (for reals) and know that Sam will be home to stay soon. Love and hugs to you.

• Jody

November 9, 2011 at 6:19 am

I am sorry you are having a crumby couple of days. Everyone is entitled to those! Hopefully things will look up soon for you! And I know all too well about kitties throwing up in random places for no reason.. we have two cats. Double Whammy!

• Tracy

November 8, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Want to come over and hang out 😉 We live two completely different lives, but same thoughts run through our veins.

• Brooke

November 8, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I so totally grok you on the toddler tantrums and the shopping… both bite. Hope it eases up soon! 🙂

• Mrs. MidAtlantic

November 8, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Grocery shopping is the worst. Toddler tantrums with hair pulling and not-understanding moms are a close second. I’m the mom who tries to hush a tantrum, but looks like she just shoved her kid :/ oops!

• Anonymous

November 8, 2011 at 8:17 pm

A big fat AMEN to I HATE GROCERY SHOPPING. Wow that’s a lot of caps. I dream of a food service delivering to my door, but I go to the cheapie stores right now and the 99 cent store just doesn’t do delivery 😉

• Stacy

November 8, 2011 at 7:45 pm

We like Sister Wives too. Kody is creepy & we don’t like his hair or his tag-line at the beginning. “Love should be multiplied not divided.” Ugh. I’m sorry you’ve had a couple of tough weeks but Sam is almost done. You’re more than halfway finished! You’ll make it!