You know the cheesy, gooey deliciousness of the spinach artichoke dip? How the flavors all blend so perfectly together and you just want to scoop it up with your bare hands and shovel it in?
Anyway, this lasagna is even more delectable. All the flavors of regular lasagna with the tang of artichokes and feta. I make it on a weekly basis, it’s simple and quick – and with no meat it’s easy on the budget as well. Plus it makes enough for 3-4 meals during the week, and freezes well.
It’s adapted from allrecipes.com with some twists that yield a less runny, more flavorful result.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1 (28oz) jar Muir Glen Organic tomato with basil sauce (or your favorite)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Rinse with cold water. You’ll only need 9 but one always falls apart.
- In a large pot or pan, heat teaspoon of olive oil on medium. Saute onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or until onion is tender and opaque. Stir in broth and rosemary; bring to a boil.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread 1/4 of the artichoke mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 cooked noodles. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese evenly over noodles. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with artichoke mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top.
- Bake, covered, for 25-30 minutes. Uncover, and bake 10 minutes more, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
If you love this, please Like, Stumble, Share, or Pin it – and I will love you forever.