Would it be TMI if…

December 9, 2011

Yeah, we still have a TMI level on here, even after the last few posts where I’ve taken you into my Dr appointments with a swirly chair view.

I’m thinking about posting the chart of (just) my temps on here, from Fertility Friend and following with Taking Charge of your Fertility.

I’m hesitant to post it in case we have a tough time getting pregnant, and because once we/if we do everyone will know. Well, anyone who charts will. Then if something happens – everyone will know.

On the other hand, I really want to show how this all works. I’d love to have someone stumble on this site, see the chart, read the posts and your comments, and think, “Hey, I can do this.” Because every woman deserves a different perspective on birth control and this one isn’t widespread.

Note: I’m not anti birth control. But I do wish I’d really understood this method years ago.

And I have to say, if something did happen I’d blog on it anyway. If I miscarried or had a chemical pregnancy, I don’t know that I could keep it a secret as writing is part of my healing in every area of my life. If we had a hard time getting pregnant, I’d want to find others who understood on here.

Then I don’t know if I would keep it a secret long if we found out we were. I’m not a big secrets kind of person.

Shocker, I know.

It might be fun take you along on the basal body temp ride and to have the chart on the sidebar.

Wow. My definition of fun has really changed.

• Matilda116

January 9, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I love NFP go for it have no fear! I am a certified teacher of the Billings Ovulation method of NFP. it’s so easy after you get the hang of it! As a certified teacher I love when I read a chart and I can see three of the major hormones and if they are high or low, I can know where she is in her fertile cycle. I have also sent women to the doc, b/c of crazy hormone patterns and these gals have come back to me reporting PCOS, cysts on their cervix, ovarian cysts and some other crazy stuff. It’s improtant to monitor reproductive health! I love what NFP has done for our marriage! We are so on the same page when it comes to being open to our wedding vows, free, total fruitful and faithful! FYI we have two boys 7&6 and we have been using NFP for 6 years it works to postpone and to achieve. Now we see changes in our chart and I am heading to the doc soon to see what is going on with my FSH! Fun!
    Ask me any question you have I love this stuff!

• Brooke

December 10, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Do it! I’ll probably do it with you when we pull the goalie next month… 😀

December 10, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I just SQUEEEEEED. I did. Get with it lady! We can compare belly photos. 🙂

• Miranda

December 10, 2011 at 11:45 am

I was on The Patch for a year and a half after my daughter was born because I was so worried that I was super fertile. My daughter was born 10 months after marriage so… Yeah ;). Now it’s been 7 months of “TTC” and so far nothing. My cycle is so over the place but that’s how it was ever since I got my first period. I’m a month late now and yet the pregnancy test still says negative! Aarr! I’m now subscribed by email so I’m excited to follow your journey and hope to learn more about NFP.

December 10, 2011 at 10:24 pm

So glad you found me! I’m excited to have you along, I also got pregnant within the month after 8 years of birth control. We’d been married 6 but it was still a shock.

And now we’ll have to see! Every time is different, I’m trying to remind myself of that. 🙂

• Sonya

December 9, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Check out Marquette University’s website for some neat information about NFP. Best wishes for you on your journey!

December 9, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I had someone on Twitter send me that link! I’m reading it right now, good stuff.

• Jennifer @ Also Known As the Wife

December 9, 2011 at 1:04 pm

If you’re comfortable with sharing, I’m comfortable with reading it. I’m also charting but for the exact opposite reason…I do not want an Occupy Uterus protest set up inside me for 9 months.

December 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm

LOL Occupy Uterus.

I’m going to do it then. I put a link to my chart on here, and I’ll screen shot it ever so often to discuss.

• Suz

December 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm

You know I say not TMI, but then again I posted 13 cycles worth of FF charts on my blog then chronicled another 10 cycles at the RE.

For me, charting was a great to be able to know what was going on & when we did go to the RE, I felt clued in enough about my body to know what we needed to do next. I like that I posted them~ for me to look back on & if someone out there got something from seeing my charts, whether it’s seeing what BFNs & short LPs look like or just reading my sappy hope-filled posts, then that’s great too.

I’ll be cheering you on! Yay!

December 9, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Thanks Suz! I was thinking of you as I posted this, how brave you were to put it all out there.

• Elyssa McDowell

December 9, 2011 at 11:52 am

I’d love to see it too!

December 9, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Then it shall be done. 🙂 I posted a link to it on the sidebar here. I plan on taking a screen shot every so often to discuss.

• Laura

December 9, 2011 at 10:47 am

I’m currently having issues getting pregnant with baby #2 and just posted about it yesterday myself. Like you I’m a pretty open book and it’s kinda nice to have others to be on the crazy ride with. Hope you do post them!

December 9, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I’m glad you put this because it helps encourage me to continue to share! I posted a link to my chart on here, but I also plan to take a screen shot and discuss every so often.

• Mrs. MidAtlantic

December 9, 2011 at 10:00 am

I think those charts are fascinating. TMI would be if you filled in every little box and comment section with all the “How you doin” aspects. If you know what I mean. But as a tool to talk about NFP and TTC? AWESOME!

December 9, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I unmarked all those little special boxes before making it private. Temps? Check. Letting everyone know my CM? Uncheck.

Even with a happy face on it. UNCHECK.

• Tabetha Smelser

December 9, 2011 at 9:59 am

As someone who has been trying for years to get pregnant, I would love to see your charts. I think that, especially when you guys get pregnant, it will be somewhat inspiring for those of us hoping and praying for our own BFP. 🙂

And a huge congrats on you guys TTC!!!

December 9, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Then done. I certainly will. And thank you :). Hope that new vacuum is treating you well over there.

• Ashley

December 9, 2011 at 9:49 am

I used to laugh at NFP…..the part on NFP in our PreCana for the wedding I just sat and rolled my eyes but part of me listened and was like…BC after 10 years has made me kooky…..eventually I came off it…both because it was making my blood pressure skyrocket when I was worried/anxious and also because it was making me not myself…..short tempered, irritable, angry, for no reason at all….

Charting on FF has been interesting….my body is taking FOREVER to even out…if it will at all….I’m hoping the weight I’m losing will help though….but 10 years of BC can do a number and I’m afraid I’ve done more harm than good….

Truth? I’d love to see someone blog about this 🙂

December 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I’d love to know what the process has been for your body to even out off BC. Do you means temps? Regular periods? I’d like to know what to (maybe) expect even though I know each woman is different.

• Teresa

December 9, 2011 at 9:32 am

I read TCOYF and I had been using just a calendar for 9 months, trying NOT to get pregnant. Birth control pills and I don’t get along. Guess what I found out yesterday?! Yeah………………….

December 9, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Again, hugs and hugs. I’m here, for reals, if you want to talk.

• Alyssa

December 9, 2011 at 9:28 am

I think it’s a great idea to share it all. That’s my favorite part of charting is seeing OTHER people’s charts.

December 9, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I loved peeking at yours. Besides the fact that it was in Celsius and totally had me freaked out for a few minutes. :p

• molly

December 9, 2011 at 9:20 am

I charted and temped to get pregnant with Landon. Maybe I’m weird but I thought it was pretty damn interesting! I loved looking at other people’s charts.

p.s. CONGRATS on deciding to try 🙂

December 9, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Thank you 🙂 and I’m glad I’m not being freakishly weird posting about it on here.

• Alena

December 9, 2011 at 9:12 am

I ADORE NFP. I haven’t been on BC for over 4 years. Almost 5 years actually.

And when we were ready to start TTC we were already steps ahead!

December 9, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Yay for my birth control free BlogHer buddy! (Lot’s of B’s)

• Kim

December 9, 2011 at 9:03 am

I, for one, would like to see it here on your blog. I read “TCOYF” when i was trying to get pregnant, and we did the charting/temping thing. After I was pregnant, i passed the book on to my friend and she started to learn how to do it to use as birth control. I’m not a fan of birth control and haven’t been on it since probably a year before we got pregnant, and i don’t plan on taking it again.

I don’t know if there’s such a thing as “TMI” in the blog world! 😉

December 9, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Amen. That is very true – I think everyone has a limit but the bar is set pretty high lol.

Wait, no. I know people with no limits. I take it back.

Glad to hear you’d be ok with FAM on here!