24 hours.

February 2, 2012

Well, just a tad over 24 but close enough.

Yesterday morning was a disaster.

Last night just Bella and I went to dinner as Sam had 24 hour duty. I cried on the way home thinking of how pretty soon these times would be few and far between. Even though wonderful times are coming. Ah hormones.

This morning I woke up at 4am to calm a terrified Bella and almost hurled on her bed. I took a half of a Zofran (safe for pregnancy, did it 7 months with Bella, hoarded them like crack) and laid in bed in terror, waiting to be sick. Once I start to throw up I can’t stop and no one was home to help me.

Right now I’m eating a bowl of cereal for the first time in 2 weeks without gagging. Bella is still asleep. Birds are chirping. There is sunshine. Somewhere there is a person who invented Zofran waiting to be hugged.

This afternoon we have our first midwife appt – I actually get to meet her. I’m super nervous and excited. Also, asking for her thoughts on giving me a prescription for Zofran – because I honestly can’t do this without it. I have just been such a train wreck. It gets worse every day.

I’ll let you all know how it goes. Also hoping for a dating u/s as I had such a crazy cycle and didn’t OV till 25 days in. Which really changes my due date vs a doctors due date. I’m bringing in my chart to help with this.

And just hoping for a u/s so I can get a peek at the tiny one making me want to vomit 24-7. Because really, nothing makes it more worth it than to see a little heartbeat on that screen.

• Jen G

February 5, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Just found your blog and love it! I was sick as a dog with both of mine, my oldest is now 14 and my youngest is 11 and we home school too. They are worth every day of vomiting and feeling sick that I went thru, but I know that’s easier for me to say now that I’m past it…lol Seriously, hope you feel better and I loved my Zofran too, I couldn’t have lived without that and IV’s. Zofran really does back you up so take that high fiber or whatever works for you or you will pay for it later. I found that peppermint tea and lemon helped me thru some of the times of tolerable nausea. The other thing I remember is that people who have never had severe morning sickness DON’T understand at all what you are going thru and that stinks because you need people to understand and to help. I hope that knowing that one more person “out there” gets what you’re going thru and how strong you are! Prayers for you and your family.

• Jenny E.

February 2, 2012 at 2:49 pm

I totally agree with two things: 1. how wonderful zofran is (was) and 2. how totally worth it all those puking days/weeks/months are when you see the first ultrasound. <3

• Becky

February 2, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Does the zofran make you feel sad, depressed or grumpy since it is a serotonin inhibitor? I’m glad it works. If it works, it is so worth it!
    I have to drink a cup of Kombucha the moment I get up. I think the B vitamins keep the nausea at bay and the small amount of caffeine helps combat my lack of energy.

• Kim

February 2, 2012 at 1:36 pm

SO incredibly happy you had those zofran saved. Smart girl. Glad to hear you’re doing so great 🙂

• Caitlin MidAtlantic

February 2, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Ugh, I really hope the nausea settles down for you REALLY quickly!! Also hoping Bella is doing alright?

• Anne-Marie

February 2, 2012 at 10:10 am

Thank goodness for modern medicine! Good luck and stand up for yourself today.

• LA

February 2, 2012 at 9:49 am

OH man I am so sorry. I was really hoping and praying that it didn’t happen this time. I took tons of Zofran with Jack. In fact I had a few different ones they gave me and there is a vitamin that helps to. Just be warned you can get quite clogged up with Zofran so you may want to couple with a stool softener. I didn’t and that resulted in a hemroid. YUCK.
    You will get through it. This time last year I was going on day 5 in the hospital thanks to severe dehydration and a kidney infection. This year I have the cutest, sweetest little boy that was worth every single vomit induced day. You will get through it.

February 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Now I didn’t know that about Zofran, but that explain a heck of a lot from last time…

Thanks for the encouragement lady. I can’t wait till the end and it’s all worth it.

• molly

February 2, 2012 at 9:22 am

I am sorry you’re so sick, Diana. Maybe I will bring something that might help. Ah, hell, it probably won’t. But I will bring it anyway!

February 2, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Hey – bring it all lady. Whatever you got. 🙂

• Good Girl Gone Green

February 2, 2012 at 9:10 am

So sorry you are sick! I hope you feel better!

• Jessie

February 2, 2012 at 9:01 am

Zofran is magical. I literally would have puked my entire 40 weeks without it.

February 2, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I swear. I kept that stuff near me like it was drugs I’d smuggled from Mexico. I hoarded those suckers.

• melissa

February 2, 2012 at 8:44 am

Have a great appointment. Nothing worth doing is ever easy, and never was that more true than getting pregnant with and having more than one child! But, like I said, its so awesome!

February 2, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I’m keeping those words in mind lady!! <3

February 2, 2012 at 8:36 am

So sorry you are sick again. I hope you can get something to help you feel better soon.