Heading to Blissdom.

February 22, 2012

So tomorrow I leave early in the morning and head to Nashville for Blissdom – a conference focused on women who blog. And while this is a pre-blog conference post that everyone writes, it’s also more than that. It’s a reminder to me to let go of the guilt of leaving (Sam’s home, Bella will pbe fine, the world will not end) and remember that this is one of the last times in a very long time I will get to do anything like this – just for me.

While having twins >; blog conferences any day, I also know that this time is a period of reflection for why I blog, how much I love to write, and to get to hug some of you that I’ve talked to for so long.

What concerns me the most is the amount of food I’m needing to consume for both a multiple pregnancy and helping me feel less sick, and the water I need to drink. On a plane, in taxis, and in the general craziness of a conference it’s so easy to let time get away from me and skip meals and bathroom breaks.

I’ve been reading When You’re Expecting Twins, Multiples, and Quads By Dr. Luke and holy wow is there a lot of stuff I didn’t know. Mainly about eating – 3 regular meals and 3 mini meals (like, meals. Not an apple.). And all the water, and resting, and everything. My head is spinning, but I had 6 meals yesterday and I felt SO much better. I only took 2 Zofran instead of 3 and had energy to take Bella for a walk to the park.

Anyway, it’s hard to find random food at all times at a conference. Water was plentiful at BlogHer so hopefully it will be the same there. I’m headed to Target for high fat/protein non perishable snacks that don’t make me gag <;--- the other problem. If you see me at Blissdom, I will be the one shoving my face with food. 24-7. I'm hoping for a time with friends, relaxation, and learning. Not the push myself till I pass out thing I did at BlogHer.

I’ll try to blog/tweet/FB pics and updates on the conferences, the swag, the people I meet, and the things I’m doing. If you can’t go, live vicariously through me. And if you want to know something, tweet or email me about it!

If you have any snack/travel suggestions I’d love to hear them!

Huge thanks to Oreck for sponsoring my trip to Blissdom, making my home clean, and being the best kind of sucky there is. <;3

• Teresa

February 24, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I hope to get to some kind of blog conference once in my lifetime. It looks like an awesome time. And wow, I didn not know you needed to eat more when growing two babies, seems like common sense, but I lack that. Hopefully with the constant meals, you will start to feel good! Thanks for always keeping your loyal readers posted.

• Kendra

February 23, 2012 at 10:55 am

I hope you have a great trip! It sounds like it happening at the perfect time for you. Enjoy!

• Caitlin MidAtlantic

February 23, 2012 at 8:06 am

Could you bring packets of instant oatmeal? Conferences often have coffee stations with a carafe of hot water. Oatmeal is my go-to filling food.

• Good Girl Gone Green

February 23, 2012 at 8:02 am

Have fun! I am vicariously living this conference through you! Looking forward to hearing all about it! Keep eating!

• molly

February 23, 2012 at 7:56 am

I am so sad I won’t get to see you after all. But I know you’ll have a blast! Soak it all up! You deserve this break!

• Misty Pratt

February 23, 2012 at 7:39 am

Right now I’m finding good ‘ol comfort food to be the best – tons of bread, eggs, cheese and butter. I’ll admit I’m failing miserably in the vegetable/fruit department, but I know that will come once the nausea subsides. Unfortunately things like bacon also seem to appeal to me…bring a good size cooler bag (like, a lunch bag, not a massive cooler), and stock it with whatever you can eat for the plane. In terms of the airports/conference, I’m sure there will be a lot around that will appeal to you. You can always demand that the taxi pull over somewhere for you to run in a buy something 🙂 As for snacks, let me know what works for you, because granola bars and nuts are making me gag!! I seem to be scarfing down a lot of party mix tho 🙂

• MomEinstein

February 23, 2012 at 7:13 am

I’m so glad that eating more is making a difference and that you feel better! I also forget to eat when I’m traveling. Maybe you can set an alarm on your phone for snack time to help you remember? Grab some fruit, peanut butter & string cheese to carry around with you. But if it’s anything like BlogHer, they’ll be snacks outside every door. Have a great time!!

February 23, 2012 at 7:12 am

If you can find them special k makes protein water, the lemonade one (or pink lemonade) is pretty goid, dont bother with the other flavors they suck! Their granola bars are pretty good too. (it was required to have high protein diet for two days after IVF) also nuts, dried fruit, and beef jerky are good choices. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Have fun amd enjoy the you time! 🙂