After the u/s today it’s determined that:
1. I am measuring 20+ weeks and my uterus is above my belly button already.
2. The babies are measuring on target at 13 weeks 1 day and 13 weeks 4 days.
3. They are super active and so fun to watch.
4. They are in separate sacs.
5. They are sharing a placenta.
6. They are identical.
Yes. We are having identical twins. No idea what threw them off last time but this time there is one placenta and two sacs. While this puts me at a higher risk in different ways, separate sacs are a good thing.
But of course, I didn’t know this and completely freaked out when she said mono-di. I thought it meant something awful, so I cried all the way to my appointment with my OB who then went over it all with me.
And who I love. Her words, “I’m not a midwife but I’m as close as it gets.”
So we’re just taking it all in. Again. I’m now seeing the Dr every 4 weeks with a u/s until 24 weeks, then every 2. I will deliver at the end of August/beginning of September. There are a lot of other factors we discussed but I’m very, very happy with my care and with my new Dr.
And wow. Identical twins. CRAZY.