Hairy Hot

May 17, 2013

20130517-061018.jpg

You want to know what the worst part of this is?

Not the heat.

Not the lack of any moisture.

Not that it’s MID MAY and the hottest is yet to come.

Not even the fact that I can’t cool off in a pool thanks to pelvic rest.

But that I don’t have enough long skirts, so I have to wear maternity shorts so I don’t overheat and die.

Meaning I have to shave my legs. Often.

I got stuck trying to close a bathroom stall door around my stomach the other day. So taking that into consideration, shaving can be understood as a real chore.

And no, I won’t ask Sam. Razors and easily distracted husbands ::shudders::

I’m allergic to Nair. All that cream stuff.

Ah well. It’s 6:15am here so if I start now I should be all set in the hair dept by 7:30 when Bella wakes up.

😉

————–

• Anne-Marie

May 17, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I stopped shaving during my pregnancy last summer and have not resumed. It seems to bother no one!

• Stephanie

May 17, 2013 at 11:04 am

I just wouldn’t shave, just offer an airy-sorry, can’t really reach to anyone who really noticed. But maybe that ‘s just me 🙂

• Zena Trout

May 17, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Don't shave. Go European.

• Tricia Miller

May 17, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Oh, mama. I'd shave your legs for you if I lived nearby.

• Diana Stone

May 17, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I can't be submerged in water at all till the end of this pregnancy! My doctors don't want to risk any bacteria or infection up there since I've had 2 preterm labors before. I miss baths. So much.

• Sarah Kline

May 17, 2013 at 2:25 pm

I must admit I got my legs waxed around 20 weeks. It lasted the rest of the 12 weeks. The most painful thing I've done. It gave labor a run for its money. Something about more blood flow during pregnancy=more pain. I'd still do it again though 🙂

• Stephanie Nicolay

May 17, 2013 at 2:21 pm

First of all, I LOVE being able to comment so easily from my phone. Where are all your maxi dresses? You would look so cute & could basically be naked under it…;)

• Allison DePietro

May 17, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Somewhere between my 8th and 9th month of pregnancy I finally broke down and let my husband shave my legs. They were so hairy and I was unable to reach down there! He also shaved them once after my c-section. It certainly wasn't the best shave job in the world but it was much improved from all the hair that was there beforehand, lol.

• Ashley May

May 17, 2013 at 2:01 pm

LOL that's all I can say! <3 how does being in the pool effect pelvic rest?? Are you almost on bed rest?? #neverbeenpregnant 😉 lol

• Sarah Corner

May 17, 2013 at 7:51 am

I woke up with this same dilemma. It’s too hot outside for anything but shorts but at 29 weeks pregnant it’s becoming quite a pain in the butt to shave!

• Amber

May 17, 2013 at 7:19 am

I had Jonas in August – which meant being at my most pregnant through the hot summer months. Pregnant in the summer in FLORIDA? Not so much I love you.

Shaving was a task that had to be scheduled (and I’m with ya – having the hubs help me out was not an option).

Hang in there!

• Faith

May 17, 2013 at 6:50 am

Oh how I feel ya! I’ve moved to the handicap stalls because I no longer fit in the regular ones. I’m constantly hitting my belly in doorways too. And the hairy legs? Oy! I’m good to shave once a week and then try to get as many short skirts/dresses in as I can! Even then I’m lazy and really only do a good job on the bottom half. I can tell it gets harder each week. Good luck. Hang in there. This TX heat is not going to be kind to us.