Moving Dates!

It’s official y’all.

We’re headed out to North Carolina (Ft Bragg) in September.

Most of you are probably thinking, “Didn’t she tell us this?” But these past 2 months have held some things that put a wrench in the initial plans. The Army wanted Sam to be there by July 10th. Meaning a June move. Meaning I’d be like 30 weeks pregnant, high risk, 4-5 days in a car, and sometimes hours away from medical care on the road.


So we asked our doctor to give us a note stating it was her opinion I shouldn’t move until after the baby was born. Sam then put in for a 90 day deferment, asking for October 10th instead. We’d have three outcomes to this:

  • a no and he’d still need to report in July – leaving me here
  • a no and he’d have to cancel Bragg and renegotiate his package to probably somewhere else
  • a yes

Today we were approved! This means I can have the baby here, with my doctors and friends close, have a few weeks to relax and heal with him, get the Army to pack us up, and then move. It’ll still be a lot – but nothing near the stress of the other two options by any means.

I know things don’t always work out the way we want/plan – but I do have to say that I’m thankful God has his hands on this for us. We are so excited to go, and blessed that we have some extra time to prepare here first as an (earthly) family of 4.


23 weeks with 3D ultrasound pics and belly shots! 


  1. Sol says

    Woo hoo! I LOVED living at Bragg as a kid. I’m still friends with kids I met when we lived there. So happy for you!

  2. Amber says

    As a Navy wife I have been in a similar situation. During my 7th pregnancy (my 3rd live birth) my husband was assigned to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for an exchange program. I was 7 months into a high risk pregnancy. My husbands language class wouldn’t finish until I was 34 weeks pregnant and he would have to travel to Brazil while our older two children (7yrs and 2yrs at the time) and I would have to drive ourselves from California to Texas to be with family to deliver the baby and recover before joining my husband in Brazil. My husband petitioned his language school to test out early so we could all go down together. It was a huge blessing that they agreed. My Dr found a Dr in Brazil that was willing to take my case and told us that we had to move before Nov 22nd. The Navy moved us down on Nov. 20th and my son was born at 36 weeks with a short stay in the NICU. Life as a military wife is an adventure to say the least!

  3. Susan says

    That’s great Diane. When we are in Georgia we are about 4 hours away from where you will be. We just went to Goldsboro, North Carolina last weekend to visit some friends. We will be excited to see you the next time we head up to Goldsboro. I think you are on the way. Can’t wait to see those kids of yours. We’ll keep in touch and it probably won’t be until next year. Love to you all! Susan

  4. Theresa says

    SO happy you will be able to have baby boy there with the docs that know you and then you can all move as a family! ♥

  5. Jenny says

    Yay!!! Can’t wait for you to get to NC! We’ll definitely have to meet sometime when you get settled!