In 9 days or less I will have this baby.
Wait – you might be asking – why so soon?
I get my cerclage out this Monday. That might trigger labor. If it does, I’ll be 37 and 2 days so they won’t stop it. Then, I’ll have till that following Sunday to go into natural labor. If not, both the high risk Dr. and my OB agree that 38 is the longest I should go based on meds and history – so I’ll be induced…
OF THIS MONTH.
Whoa. I mean, I’ll be over 38 weeks but still. SO SOON.
What do I want? I want my baby here. Besides that, I would love to head into labor without inducement during that week, absolutely. But I also know the risks that come with it for me, so I’m trying not to stress about either scenario. Both, truly, have some wonderful benefits and I’m doing ok giving it to the Lord on this one.
In the meantime, we have our sitter on standby, and my mom checking flights, and our doula Emily ready for that week. I’ll go in super early this Monday for the cerclage, Sam is taking me and will stay as they monitor me for about 4 hours to see if there are any cervical changes. If not, I’m sent home and have 6 days to get things rolling on my own. Then Sunday night I’ll go to be induced if nothing happens that week.
With Bella I went into labor at exactly 37 weeks, so there is a chance it could happen next week with this one too – but of course every pregnancy is different.
This weekend we’re preparing like we’ll bring him home at any time. Since we could.
I know I keep saying this but I honestly can’t believe (still) that we made it this far. I had my last P17 shot yesterday. I had my last high risk appointment Tuesday. I have one more OB appointment. I’m 37 weeks tomorrow! We did it. We made it. It was so, so worth all the stress and worries I had, especially those first 20 some weeks.
I’m about to have him in my arms, this little boy I have prayed so hard over and I know countless others have too. I can’t wait for that moment we finally get to show him off to everyone.