Crunch Time.

2013-08-02 10.17.14

9 days.

In 9 days or less I will have this baby.

Wait – you might be asking – why so soon?

I get my cerclage out this Monday. That might trigger labor. If it does, I’ll be 37 and 2 days so they won’t stop it. Then, I’ll have till that following Sunday to go into natural labor. If not, both the high risk Dr. and my OB agree that 38 is the longest I should go based on meds and history – so I’ll be induced…

the 11th.

OF THIS MONTH.

Whoa. I mean, I’ll be over 38 weeks but still. SO SOON.

What do I want? I want my baby here. Besides that, I would love to head into labor without inducement during that week, absolutely. But I also know the risks that come with it for me, so I’m trying not to stress about either scenario. Both, truly, have some wonderful benefits and I’m doing ok giving it to the Lord on this one.

In the meantime, we have our sitter on standby, and my mom checking flights, and our doula Emily ready for that week. I’ll go in super early this Monday for the cerclage, Sam is taking me and will stay as they monitor me for about 4 hours to see if there are any cervical changes. If not, I’m sent home and have 6 days to get things rolling on my own. Then Sunday night I’ll go to be induced if nothing happens that week.

With Bella I went into labor at exactly 37 weeks, so there is a chance it could happen next week with this one too – but of course every pregnancy is different.

This weekend we’re preparing like we’ll bring him home at any time. Since we could.

I know I keep saying this but I honestly can’t believe (still) that we made it this far. I had my last P17 shot yesterday. I had my last high risk appointment Tuesday. I have one more OB appointment. I’m 37 weeks tomorrow! We did it. We made it. It was so, so worth all the stress and worries I had, especially those first 20 some weeks.

I’m about to have him in my arms, this little boy I have prayed so hard over and I know countless others have too. I can’t wait for that moment we finally get to show him off to everyone.

—————–

See our last few weeks of this pregnancy in pics!

Comments

1. TheNextMartha says:

So very happy for you. Can’t wait to see him. <3

2. Woohoo! I’m so excited for you. I was induced with Landon and it was a quick labor. Wishing and hoping for a smooth delivery!

3. Emily K. Reed says:

Oh my gosh so very happy for you! So very exciting!

4. So exciting!

5. Said it on IG too, but so excited for you!

6. Anonymous says:

Good Luck Diana – I will be praying for you all next week. And if you can manage it – the 5th is my birthday – and I think I am pretty awesome so a little boy clear across the country sharing my birthday would be pretty awesome as well – just saying! LOL – but seriously – I hope he is healthy and you are healthy and all goes well.

7. Congrats! Continuing to pray for your healthy delivery!

8. Laura Sutherland says:

Congratulations Diana! I'll be praying for a safe and smooth delivery however that may happen. YAY!

9. Sending so much love and happiness and positive thoughts your way!! I can’t wait to “meet” your happy, healthy baby boy!

10. Can’t wait to see pictures, I’m so happy and excited for you… God bless you and the little one.

11. Yay!! So excited for y’all’s family! Can’t wait to see a picture of his sweet face :-) You are one sweet mama!

12. Yay!!

13. WHAT?! How is it possible that you’re giving birth like any day now. I feel like you just announced you were pregnant! So glad you two are safe and healthy. Can’t wait to oooooh and aaaaahh over his sweet little face. Take good care friend. I’ll be sending love and prayers up for you two!!

14. Congratulations! Can’t wait to see your sweet new baby boy on the blog!

15. Wow already! What an incredible journey you have shared and blessed us with. Thank you.

16. Eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk!!! I can't wait to see (pictures of) him!! ♥

17. Stefanie Miller says:

I'm soooo excited for you, Sam & Bella!! And I know Preston & Julian will be super excited when their baby brother is here safely in your arms as well! Praying for you guys!

18. Michele Hagenah Albert says:

Oh my goodness! So excited for you, I wish you an easy delivery, a healthy baby and a healthy Mama!

19. Best wishes for healthy delivery. Put your feet up and get some much deserved rest!