Kaden’s memorial is tomorrow.
So many of you have asked if there is anything you can do. Not for us, truly we have been blessed with food this past month and money to pay for all the expenses from Dallas and having to move. And that’s just the tip of the love iceberg.
Like a love boat just – with ice.
There is something we would love to share with you all. We have been working with the CDC for Kaden’s case, and in that process have been introduced to Kristin Loomis, who is the Excecutive Director and founder of the HHV-6 foundation, started in 2004.
“The HHV-6 Foundation is a non-profit institution that encourages scientific exchange between investigators by holding conferences for virologists and clinical researchers, maintaining a repository of reagents to facilitate research, and offering pilot grants for promising research projects.
The Foundation also seeks to raise awareness among physicians of the many conditions that have recently been associated with HHV-6 infection and encourage the discovery of antiviral compounds appropriate for HHV-6. The Foundation pilot grants allow investigators the seed funds to gather preliminary data in order to apply for larger grants.”
I talked with her extensively about my pregnancies and Kaden the other day, and they are working in conjunction with the CDC to find out why this is happening – and if there is a way to stop it. It’s all very complicated, but Kaden is a huge part of their research. They will be sending for samples from us and his medical records. They think that the reason I lost the twins might very well be tied in with HHV-6. If that is the case, we have to make some serious choices about our future family.
Knowing how this is going to be a long and expensive process for them, we donated the money raised from the Backyard Buffalo sale, and continue to donate funds, to the HHV-6 Foundation.
If you would like to do something in Kaden’s name, please consider sending a donation to them. You can specify it be used for his case or general research. It’s all tax deductible. Nothing on earth would give us greater comfort than knowing we might be able to find a cause for this.
Thank you all.
Where I’ve written lately:
- Bella and the New Mexico Pumpkin Patch - we took Bella to pick pumpkins and ran into crazy chickens and goats. Lots of pics with my camera.
- The Huffington Post: Why We Shouldn’t Judge the Glimpses - a Babble post of mine was picked up by Huff Po and I was thrilled to see something so dear to my heart receive more exposure.
- Still Standing: Sharing Our Story - I’m a contributor for this online magazine about infertility and loss. Seriously. You need to read the stories on here.
- 5 Ways to Build Self-Affirmation in Kids - “When everyone is special, no one is special.” So – how does that work for two generations used to over-inflated praise?
- Blurred Lines: What is an Appropriate Halloween Costume for a Child? - there was a reason I just couldn’t buy the darling dragon costume for Bella. Maybe it was the others that came after.
- 15 Classic Disney Movies for Those Winter Days - stuck inside again? Pop in one of these classics to snuggle up to with the kids.
- Raising Readers: 30 Iconic Children’s Books for Every Age - no one should ever miss any of these books in their child (or adult) hood.
- She Reads Truth - We started our new study on James! Join us!