It’s Sunday morning. Sam is off for a 24 hour duty shift, which means that it’ll be just Bella and me until tomorrow.
I’ve got a pot of water on to boil because the air is so dry in our home. Everything has a billion little static sparks, we’re all zapping each other, our hair looks like we’re on perma-electrocute. It’s the combo of dry El Paso and then the heater running so often.
Coffee is ready in the Keurig Sam bought me for Christmas. I have found that I must drink extremely strong coffee usually – because I have to buy the extra bold dark roasts to even have it taste right. Everything else tastes like water with a hint of coffee flavor.
Bella’s playing in the living room to the side of me. Charlie is annihilating a bone next to her. She’s telling me that it smells, she doesn’t want to smell it, can he stop chewing it?
We have no plans for today. I’ll do some writing, maybe we’ll run to Target later. I keep messing up 3 knitted rows in on a blanket for Bella. I think I’ve frogged the whole thing 4 times already. Seed stitch is not my friend.
This coming week is busy. Therapy appointments, work, playdates, house stuff – I’m ever, always thankful that our life isn’t boring. Having things to keep us busy during the week helps us all.
Oh! We bought Bella her very own little pet. Last night. She’s in absolute heaven.
- The Joy of Buying Your Kid’s First Pet - we bought Bella a little surprise for her very own.
- 7 Ways to Encourage a Still-Needed Nap Time - she still naps on a daily basis. Here’s how to encourage your kid to at least take a quiet time.
- An Update on Nighttime Potty Training – 3 Months Later - we quit doing this with Bella in October after it was a disaster. This is how it’s going now.
- Over It, Not Through It: On Anger - why being angry is ok, contrary to what most people think about it.
- Say #GoodNightRoozle: The Little Girl Who Draws Herself to Sleep - yay Roozle! This darling girl was on the Today show this week!