‘You Should Write a Book’

Since I was little, I’ve always told/written stories. Hundreds. When we moved from a small town in New Jersey at the age of 8, my Girl Scout troop gave me a card and one of the moms wrote this:

Author Pic

Pretty sure Sushi and Dead Seaweed were characters in a story I told the girls as we headed out one day.

I don’t think I realized until a year or two ago how many people use their blog as a jumping off point for writing a book, which is pretty smart. My blog was started because I was bored and wanted a creative outlet. I actually had no interest in writing a book.

The instant gratification of blogging seemed a lot more fun to me.

As time has passed and nearly 4 1/2 years of blogging is under my internet belt, I’ve heard the words, “You should write a book” again and again. Especially after Kaden died. I loved to share my story – happy and sad – and who knew this is where life would take me.

The thought of writing a book seemed – mind boggling.

I have felt the tug on my heart to start writing for about a year now – and my prayer has always been that God would open doors if that’s the step He wanted me to take. While so much of our story hasn’t been shared on here (even if it looks contrary to that) I wasn’t sure anyone would really care to read more.

About a month ago, I received an email from a woman who is pretty well known in the loss/infertility/author community. Carolyn Savage carried another couple’s child after an embryo mixup – then gave the little boy to the couple after birth. She went on to appear on several shows and write a book on her experience. She asked if I’d be interested in collaborating in a series of books with her and other bloggers (some of which have also written best sellers). I’d be telling a part of my experiences throughout these past 5 years – but a perspective on it that women don’t often read before having children.

I jumped at the chance. Not only is Carolyn an amazing woman and author, but her offer was the stepping stone to learning how this all works.

The series name and detailed info is under wraps right now. We have contracts, an editor, a designer. The book will be available both in print and on e-readers. The first book in the series is due out early 2015!

Friends. I am SO excited for this opportunity. I can’t wait to share more with you in months to come. I’m hoping that this is the start to something wonderful both with Carolyn and the other writers, and in the future as I branch out from here more.

Comments

1. Congratulations. I have been a regular reader (and not so regular commenter) and come from the same background when it comes to writing and blogging and such. I hope this experience brings you everything and more, you deserve to share your writing with the world. xx

2. Congratulations!!! This is wonderful news!

3. I’m still a little amazed I’m part of such a cool thing. I think you have many books in you :)

4. Congratulations girlfriend!

5. adkamanda says:

Oh, Diana, of course. This is perfect, because you have so much to share, not just in the particular heartache that you’ve weathered, but in your beautiful spirit. I am so happy for you and for all the people who will read your wonderful words! And I can say that I knew you when.

6. Delicia says:

Congratulations! Can’t wait!

7. How funny. Didn’t I just say, “I hope you’ll write a book.” :) So happy for you, my friend! I hope this is the start of something wonderful.

8. Congratulations, Diana! I’m very happy for you.

9. I am SO happy for you – this is amazing!

10. Kristin VanderHey Shaw says:

I'm thrilled to collaborate with you on this book! Such an exciting ride.

11. That’s awesome! I’m so happy for you & all the people who will find your writing.

12. God is so good! So happy to hear this awesome news from you.

13. Your soul shines through in whatever you write and I cannot wait to see where you are headed!

14. Melissa Lynn Benham says:

Awesome news, Diana! Happy to hear this. Will definitely keep my eyes out. :)

15. Yay! I'm so happy for you, Diana!

16. Congratulations!!! Super excited for you.

17. Congratulations! I’m so beyond excited for you.
    I prayed so hard when you went into labor with the boys, Even harder when Kaden got sick. I felt so guilty holding my Kaden knowing you couldn’t hold yours…but it was a constant reminder to pray for your little guy. I’ve prayed for you through all three of your losses. But when I went through my own recently I turned back to your blog to see if what I was feeling was ok. Thank you for being so honest. You will never know how many lives you’ve touched. How many women and families you’ve helped. I wish so much that you would never have had to go through any of this hurt but know that God is using you in big ways. Praying for you through this new season.

18. What great news! Congratulations! I have a feeling this is the start of something really big. ;)

19. Debbie J Sands Buchanan says:

omg what a wonderfull thing to happen wishing you the best love

20. Wow!!! What fabulous news and I am so thrilled for you! Keep us in the loop as best as you can :-)

21. Grace P. Cho says:

congrats!!

22. Yes! So awesome! I’ve thought about that many times when reading your blog. Your writing is world-changing. I can’t wait to read your published work!!

23. So excited to share this experience with you! xo

24. How wonderful! Can not wait to read it!

25. This is exciting! Looking forward to reading ;)

26. Congratulations! I can’t wait to read it. So wonderful!

Trackbacks

1. […] first draft of my portion of the book is in. Waiting on edits. How exciting is […]

2. waterproof coating electronics