What Can We Do? In Kaden’s Memory –

August 26, 2014

I’ve had people ask this past year what they can do for us with all of this. Truly – there isn’t anything we need besides the prayer, love, and check-in’s you guys are so wonderful about giving.

Yet today, I feel this tug to ask for something on Kaden’s angelversary. Not for us. But in memory of Kaden and what his diagnosis meant to the researchers and advocates for this ciHHV-6 virus.

If you feel led to do something in his memory or in the name of science or for any reason at all – please give to the HHV-6 Foundation. Your donations are tax deductible. The Foundation is a public non-profit organization. They take PayPal. This is where we donated the money raised by you all through Brickyard Buffalo last year.

CIHHV-6

None of this money goes to us, we’ll never know who gave what. There isn’t specific case for him so it will be put where money is needed the most; directly to the research here and across the world (Japan and Germany currently).

Here are just a few of the needs for this foundation:

• Establishment of a registry for CIHHV-6 individuals: $25,000
  • Study of the disease associations of ciHHV-6: $10,000

Plus:

• More kits sent to people – with no expense to the patient.
  • More information given to doctors who aren’t even aware this is an issue.
  • More children being diagnosed faster with a better chance of survival.

$5 would pay shipping on a kit. So please don’t think any donation is too small. If you can’t give, perhaps you’ll consider sharing this with your FB/Twitter/whatever you use. 🙂

That’s all I can think of that I truly want or need on this day. Just a little reminder to the rest of the world seeing his names on forms and papers as they test and diagnose that he is loved and remembered.

Thank you all for the love that you’ve showered on us these past two years.

————-

Find out more about ciHHV-6 and donating.

{And (for my own selfish reasons) if you wanted to send me an email saying you donated, I wouldn’t hate that. 😉 In fact it would make my day.}

• DANNY B.

August 29, 2014 at 10:31 am

Hello,
    Just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you with all my heart this week. I hope there was some light and light-heartedness as you went through this difficult week. You are so brave for sharing, advocating, providing humor and most of all being so honest about your experiences as a human being. Thank you:)

• Carolyn Cheeseman

August 27, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Donated. And I'm thinking of everyone today xo

• Allison

August 27, 2014 at 5:05 am

Diana, I found your blog last year just before Kaden was born. Even though I have never met you, I have kept you close in prayer and on my heart all this time. I do believe that Jesus will redeem this situation for you. You are an inspiration for so many people. I donated to the foundation and will continue to pray for you, your family, and for the doctors to find a cure for this virus. Blessings to you today and always.

• Becca Steinmetz-Eggleston

August 27, 2014 at 3:14 am

I will.donate and share this with as many people as I can.

• Jessica M

August 26, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I donated. Money is really tight right now but my husband and I talked (I’ve shared your story with him) and we both felt like we could take the money we usually spend to go out to eat once a month and put it towards this instead. Your story and your sons have been on my heart and in my prayers so much since I found your blog and I wanted to let you know that there are so many people who care and want some little sliver of good to come from all of this <3

• Sarah Graham Wilson

August 27, 2014 at 2:19 am

I donated and have kept you close in thought today.

• Alecia Via

August 26, 2014 at 8:07 pm

I shared and will be sharing this at work tomorrow. Also donated. My prayers are with your family always friend. ♡♡

• Michelle Rose Marquis

August 27, 2014 at 12:56 am

I donated and will be sharing as well. Sending my love to your family.

• Kristin

August 26, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Done. Thinking of all of you every day, but today especially. So many virtual hugs to you.