Prayers {& a Baby Name!}

June 17, 2015

I don’t even know how to begin posts asking for prayer anymore.

Don’t anyone worry – it’s not about something that’s wrong. Everything with me and this baby are ok. But, we asked our doctor today to refer us for a fetal echocardiogram (a detailed ultrasound of the heart that can also measure blood flow) to rule out cardiomyopathy. Her heart looks great on the bi-weekly ultrasounds – but again, so did Kaden’s. Always.

We weren’t sure what they would say, thankfully they all agreed that it was an absolutely legitimate request due to our history. It needs to be done fairly soon, so we should know by the end of this week/start of next if our insurance approved it, and if not – can we afford to pay out-of-pocket for one to be done.

Why I say I don’t know how to ask for prayers is simple – I have no idea what to ask for anymore. I don’t want to consider prayer the “magic lamp” of life, but it’s hard to get away from that mentality. If I pray right, things will be ok. Thousands of you prayed for Kaden and I’m sure covered about every possible thing, and yet… So that leaves me a bit empty-handed before God, shuffling around without words and wondering at times why I bother praying at all.

But here we stand again, believing that prayer is more than getting what we want, and knowing that some of you are deeply engaged in praying for us and this baby – and we love that. I often think of the people who told me, “I printed out what you needed prayer on this time around” – just wow. That moves me to tears.

As I thought of how to write this, my heart was prompted to share her name, so that those of you who are praying can use it.

Before I share though, a story (because really, what’s an announcement without a story):

When we found out we were having a girl, Sam and I went back and forth on sharing her name online. We didn’t with any of the boys until they were born (or maybe shortly before with the twins) and decided this time we would wait too. Then about a week or so later I felt this urge to share, but kept thinking, “Who is going to pick our name? It’s fine.”

And THE NEXT DAY I woke up to a CNN alert on my phone that Princess (Duchess?) Kate named her baby Charlotte Elizabeth Diana and I fell out of my bed.

Obviously I’m Diana. My middle name is Elizabeth.

Our daughter’s name is Charlotte. 🙂

Because I’m hormonal I actually cried in rage lol. I can laugh now at it, but then I was so, so irrationally mad. I told Sam, “She took all the names! Everyone is going to think I named our baby Charlotte because Kate did,” and typical guy, he says, “Psssh, no one cares about the royals over here,” and I was like, “WHAT FACEBOOK DO YOU LOG INTO?”

bwhahahahahahaha

It was so cute how adamant he was we not choose another name. “She’s Charlotte,” he said firmly. That sealed it for me.

We chose Charlotte actually because of Bella. I told her she could help in choosing a name, and one day after her hourly class on post, she said, “Oh mama, there was a little girl in my class today named Charlotte and I think we should name the baby that if it’s a girl.” I came home and told Sam, and we both just fell in love with it. We tried a few others but Charlotte stuck.

We’re still going back and forth on a middle name.

So that’s her name story and I just love it all now. We would ask for you to pray for the insurance approval, and a perfectly healthy heart on her echocardiogram. We also ask that you pray for our anxiety, and reminders that no matter what – God works in and through these moments of our lives. And of course, anything else you all want to throw in during prayer – go for it. 😉 We will take it all.

Our little Charlotte Stone. You are so loved and prayed for – and we couldn’t ask for more now.

Charlotte Anne Stone

• Sinéad O’Rourke

July 8, 2015 at 10:10 pm

I have a Charlotte Molly who is 3.5 now. We call her Lottie usually. Gorgeous name and will say that prayer for her and your family.

• Deanna E. Hernandez-Arza

July 8, 2015 at 1:08 am

I love it

• TMI ‘n Stuff | DianaWrote

July 2, 2015 at 11:18 am

[…] other pregnancy news, next week we have our fetal echocardiogram. I’ll be 24 weeks. At some point my therapist and I are heading back to the hospital here so […]

• Craig

June 29, 2015 at 3:31 am

Diana I was drawn here from your post about prayers not being answered…
    From your story I believe that you are under attack from the enemy (the devil)…

It is common for Christians to under estimate the enemy … Yet the Bible says “the devil prowls around like a roaring lion”

It’s too much to go into but from my angle it adds up. You see your mission is to empower mums… The enemy will try to foil this…

Here is how I would pray
    As for me and my house we worship (Note – Hebrew word = abad) the Lord. Therefore devil you will never prevail over the House of “last name”. As servant of the living God I decree you will back off; Lord Jesus scatter the enemy and protect my baby…

God Bless

• Kir Piccini

June 19, 2015 at 12:22 pm

It’s perfect. It’s the perfect name and I love it.
    xo

• Sarah K

June 19, 2015 at 12:40 am

I was talking with a friend yesterday about the confidence my 15-month-old has in her communication skills. She firmly believes that if she asks for something and doesn’t get it, it’s because she wasn’t clear enough. To her credit she doesn’t get frustrated, but she will spend indefinite periods of time making her request clearer, sure that as soon as I understand what she wants, she’ll get it.

I think this is often how we are with God. But I believe with you that prayer serves a deeper purpose than getting what we are asking for — even if what we are asking for is good and holy and right — and I am joining with you in prayer for your precious baby Charlotte!

• Nellie

June 18, 2015 at 9:19 am

You are in my Wednesday prayers to St. Jude (I’ve been praying to St. Jude since I was a teen and as an adult made it an every Wednesday thing). Now I will enjoy saying, “baby Charlotte” when praying for you and your beloved family. I absolutely LOVE, ADORE her name, by the way! Making a middle suggestion: how about “Jolie” which is French for beautiful? Plus, it flows nicely: Charlotte Jolie Stone. 🙂

Always love reading your posts and think about you often – never stop writing…your words, whether happy, sad, etc. are meaningful and oh so powerful.

1. Nellie

June 18, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Oops, my error – Jolie is French for pretty. I use pretty and beautiful interchangeably and that’s probably why I typed “beautiful.” 😛

• Bonnie Lynn Furet

June 17, 2015 at 11:15 pm

I think of you often. I love the name charlotte. It is a popular name this year compared to other years lol. I know a few babies named that.

• Phyllis Burroughs

June 18, 2015 at 4:51 am

I have a cousin named Charlotte. It is a lovely name. I am praying for your sweet one.
    I am grandma of 6 and we are looking forward to No. 7 in late Sept. or early Oct. A little girl as well. Our daughter is having a hard time picking a name for her.
    God bless you and your family Diana. I pray He will hold you and love you and soothe all your fears, and give you Peace.

• Janessa

June 17, 2015 at 9:26 pm

When u talk about being disappointed by prayer and not know how to pray, I totally feel you! When I was pregnant with my baby boy, I prayed and prayed for my son to be healed. I 100% believed he would be and that God would hear and answer my prayers. But God had different plans and it took me awhile to accept that and to be specific in prayer again! You have been through so much and I just want to say thank you for your love and faith in Jesus! Many prayers for you and your family and sweet baby Charolette!

• Julie

June 17, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Prayers for sweet baby Charlotte!!

• Pam Haselton Hihath

June 18, 2015 at 3:19 am

Praying for Charlotte Elizabeth Stone. 🙂

• Elizabeth Clements

June 18, 2015 at 3:02 am

Charlottetown was the middle name I chose for my baby girl name. Naomi Charlotte. My grandmothers dearest friend was Charlotte and my grandfathers middle name is Charles. Alas, I had a gaggle of boys! Maybe I will have a grandaughter with that name. You all having a Charlotte has me tickled pink. How sweet.

• Frances Baker Engle

June 18, 2015 at 2:39 am

God bless Charlotte. God grow her a perfectly formed and functioning heart. God strengthen and comfort all those who love and long for her. God preserve her and protect her always. In Jesus' name.

• Kristal Ball

June 18, 2015 at 2:38 am

Praying for you and for your sweet Charlotte.♡

• slkooiman2014

June 17, 2015 at 8:30 pm

It’s just PERFECT. 🙂

Praying for you, for that test, and for sweet Charlotte. We love you Diana!

• Melissa Pilgrim

June 18, 2015 at 2:09 am

Love that name

• Jessi

June 17, 2015 at 8:06 pm

^^^Charlotte Jane is good…really good! Praying for the test, the insurance approval, the money to be there if necessary, the anxiety as you wait, the fear to fill with peace, the joy to overwhelm your soul. I haven’t walked in your shoes but I know that God is using it all for good and His glory. It’s okay to wrestle with Him…He can take it…but He always holds you close when you run out of energy from the wrestling. I pray blessings over you and your sweet inspiring God loving family!

• Leah Stammeyer

June 18, 2015 at 1:59 am

I have a Charlotte (she turned one in March) and she wonderful so your will be too, it just goes with the name! My Charlotte's middle name is my maiden name. I think prayer always works, even if the answer isn't what we expected. Praying for your peace!!

• Tamara Moore

June 18, 2015 at 1:52 am

I'm hoping for approval and a normal test. Jane would be a sweet middle name. It also means God's gift. Charlotte Jane.

• Fanny Brummett

June 18, 2015 at 1:39 am

Use Faith as a middle name! 🙂

• Mrs. H.

June 17, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Well, I am praying for your sweet Charlotte. My niece -the first girl of any of my sisters, is Charlotte Elizabeth. (She’s 10 so no royal influence here either:). Your sweet girl is in good company.