39 weeks.

October 20, 2015

I’m writing this from my couch. From my iPhone. Because at this point it’s hard to reach the computer at any angle for me. Seriously.

I actually love “being” pregnant in a weird way. Like even though nothing fits and I barf all the time and I’m hot and my heartburn is killer – it’s exciting and hopeful. It’s a good place to be in when I can let some of the anxiety go. But I am 110% ready for Charlotte to be here.

Sam went to get me McDonalds. Which, you might be thinking, doesn’t help with heartburn BUT I get it from drinking water in the morning and anything I eat so I give up. At least when I eat carbs it keeps the food down longer.

I don’t really have many cravings. Milk. Cold things. I’ve gained 13lbs total. Sleep depends on the night. If we can get the room cold enough I sleep pretty well in between getting up to pee or waking up to roll over – which is so so painful because of my hip. I have the line some women get  during pregnancy -linea nigra- and a few new stretch marks. Honestly though – I had more stretch marks with Kaden than this pregnancy. Which is weird to me. I can barely walk because she is like ON my pelvis. When I stand up she just slides her head on down there.

I’ve had a lot of friends and family ask about how long I can/will go and I’m not quite sure. My dr’s office is being dumb about getting me in for appts (working on that) and the last time I was able to see someone I was just over 37 weeks. At that point I think we all figured the “how long can I go” conversation was moot because I’d never been past 37 anyway. And here we are. My hope, because of the uncertainty of meds with the virus, is to let things progress into labor without interference, but I am just not sure what will happen.

I’m off to watch Survivor while Bella takes a quiet time. Maybe my next update will be a Charlotte one! Fingers crossed. ?

• Alexia Blyther

November 1, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Praying for you all!!! Hope all is wonderful!

• Kristen Fairbanks Moody

October 30, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Hoping Charlotte is here safe and sound and you are all doing blissfully well!

• Erica Bryand Ramirez

October 27, 2015 at 9:49 pm

thinking of you right now, hoping and praying all is well and goes well!

• Emily

October 21, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Ahh so exciting! Praying for you guys 🙂

• Debbie J Sands Buchanan

October 21, 2015 at 12:44 am

so happy for you cant wait to see Charlotte

• Laura Barndt

October 21, 2015 at 12:33 am

Thinking of and praying for your family! Man, that heartburn, though…

• Dani Brown

October 20, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Praying for you often! Can’t wait to hear about Charlotte’s arrival!

• Nancy Conley

October 20, 2015 at 9:45 pm

C'mon baby Charlotte, we all want to seeeeeee your darling face!!!

• Jessica Harmer Pardee

October 20, 2015 at 9:07 pm

So glad you are at 39 weeks. I am praying so hard for Charlotte that she is healthy and that she comes home with you!! <3. I can't wait to go through Ana's things to send a care package to you.

• Anne-Marie

October 20, 2015 at 2:52 pm

I wish I could gift you a visit from the midwives I got to meet in Mexico who can COMFORTABLY MASSAGE a baby into proper position. For REAL.

In the meantime, if she feels too far forward on your pelvis, go on your hands and knees and rest your head on your hands. It feels great (if the stomach cooperates) because the belly stretches, then she stretches, then she has room to tuck her chin, in case she hadn’t already.

And, ask them if you ever see the dumb office again, where is her heartbeat strongest. That will be behind her left shoulder. Labor and birthing is more comfortable if she’s got her chin tucked in that rear-facing position. Smaller head circumference and she can help more, if she’s got her spine aligned that way. Love!!!

• Shelly

October 20, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Papaya enzymes are really helping with my heartburn. I have a hiatal hernia so I always reflux, but it is epic when pregnant.

• Rébecca

October 20, 2015 at 2:23 pm

I don’t know if you can stomach it or not, but with my last baby, which is the one I was pregnant the longest (out of 6), I got things going by eating a whole pineapple. I ate it at about 10 pm and around 4 am I woke up to real contractions. Baby was born a few hours later. Pineapple has bromelain (sp ?) in it which helps with starting labor. I read to get enough bromelain you would actually need to eat 7 pineapple (ack !) but one was enough for me.
    Looking forward to hearing about Charlotte !