Once in awhile I do a post on things I’ve fallen in love with lately, or have used forever, or important things I want you to know about. Some of these I get a referral credit or small affiliate payment for, others I don’t get anything – but each of them I love and use and know.
- Molly Bears: If you don’t know about this non-profit, it’s a company that provides weighted bears to parents who have lost a child under the age of 1. The weight matches your baby (down to .5 of an ounce). I was able to request one for Kaden in Sept, Preston in Oct, and Julian in Nov (I wasn’t ever fast enough to get more than one before the slots were filled). This month their 125 bear slots open February 28th at 8pm EST, the cost is $20 per bear (although the costs of the bears and shipping are around $45+), and donations are always welcome.
- HelloFresh: I’ve been looking around for a way to make meal time (at least some of them) a little easier and more fun. I think around the time Charlotte was born I looked into home meal delivery services, but none were able to send to El Paso. HelloFresh is now nationwide, so I gave it a try this week.I ordered the Family three meal box and yes – for three nights our meals were fun, different, kid friendly (helping and eating), easy, FAST, and not much more than we spend at the store. Plus the meals were so, so good. The meatballs over veggies and bulgur were my favorite. I have two other kinds I’m trying in the next few weeks (maybe I’ll do a comparison post?), but I was pretty impressed with HelloFresh and scheduled another box for next week.
If you want to give it a try, my referral code DIASTON gives you $40 off your first box – 3 nights, 12 meals, $65 total with free shipping.
- I often get requests to share GoFundMe and YouCaring stories. I can’t share them all (although I would love to) because it would overload everyone, so I try to wait to share ones that either I know of personally, are relatable to many of you and I (loss, veteran, etc), or both. This one I’m sharing is probably a mix of that:Kim Flores is an entrepreneur supporting her family of 7 and was forced to quit working due to a very rare lung disease –Mounier-Kuhn Syndrome. This mom homeschools her 5 children and is the main provider for their family. Mentally she is still very creative, but physically she can no longer work. Kim is trying to not only save her home from foreclosure within in the next 30 days but she is trying to rebuild her life for her family. She is one of the photographers behind the gorgeous photos of CupcakeMag. While she can no longer physically do photography, she is trying to raise funds for her family by teaching lifestyle bloggers and everyday moms how to take beautiful pictures. You can download her guide for only $19, and her YouCaring page explains more.
If you can’t afford to give, please consider sharing (also if you can afford to give, also please consider sharing).
- Kiwi Crate: This has been a lifesaver (again) on cold and rainy days, or days when we run out of things to do. I’ve had a subscription for Bella to for nearly 5 years now and can’t wait to start with Charlotte too. Did you know they expanded? They also offer Cricket Crate for ages 0-2, Koala Crate for 3-4, Kiwi for 5-8, and Doodle and Tinker crates for 9-16+.Get $10 off (about 50%) your first box using my link: http://www.kiwicrate.com/Refer?i=DianaS1
- Some of you know that I’m part of a holistic health community called Tangerines & Thyme (which I co-founded) – and between writing on here and my pay from there, I make a nice little chunk for us to have as spending money. The main source of income is from selling essential oils. I’m not going to give you some speech about how they’ve changed our lives, I’m sure you’ve heard it all. But, if you’re interested in knowing more, hearing our story, or just signing up – email or shoot me a message on FB.I’d love to have you as part of our community, and I promise you’re going to fall in love or I’ll buy the YL kit back from you – that’s how much I adore them. Find out more at my sign up link: yl.pe/3by3
That’s it! Some of my loves and important things right now. Happy February!!