Life Lately in Pics

June 24, 2010
Here’s what we’ve been up to the past few weeks:
At the park for one of our summer festivals, I’m working on the white legs so shield your eyes.

We hung out with my sister who got to get in some quality Bella time. The sunglasses were funny because Bella gets so still when they are put on her. It’s like she’s on a different planet. A dim one. Also, it was fun just to relax, have a beer, and eat some amazing food.
Bella is learning how to use a sippy cup and where her thumb is. She can also sit like a champ now.
Hippie land at it’s finest. But it was a blast. They had tye dye onesies and I so wish I had bought Bella one. There is a huge rafter/kayak contest that goes on during these 4 days. The danger sign is because the sign tells where I live. I love you all, but, you know. Crazies. :/
We took Bella to the zoo with her cousins. The ostrich came right up to the fence and she was in heaven. This picture is one of my very favorites.
I met up with a dear childhood friend I haven’t seen in 5 years, and her adorable daughter who is 14 months. We had lunch and I realized how much I miss her, and how alike we still are in many ways. Even though she is probably the smartest person I have ever met. They might be moving near us in the future – fingers crossed!
It’s so funny how I always hesitate on putting pictures of myself on here because I always think, “I will when I lose more weight or when I get to make myself look better than being all hot and sweaty.” But I never care on your blogs – I always love to see pics of you guys and maybe it’s the same way? I don’t give a second thought to what you’re wearing or how thin you are. I love seeing your babies – but let’s face it – I see them most of the time. Your pics are what’s interesting to me, because I’m reading about you.
One thing I would love to get advice/feedback on is your method on packing.
– Do you do it all in a few days?
– Over a period of time?
– Does everything go into whatever box it fits in or do you pack room by room?
– What about packing for Bella? We can’t even go on an overnight trip without packing a ton – what should I box up and what should I leave out?
You’d think after moving as much as I have I’d have it down to a science but I’m always looking for a more efficient way.

• Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life

June 26, 2010 at 11:22 pm

Bella is soo cute!! I love seeing photos of other momma's and babies 🙂 I hate posting photos of myself also, but I want Bailey to have photos of us together, so I post them, cause my posts go into a book for her 🙂

On packing, I too have moved too many times…I usually go room by room. General boxes for decor (cause that will be in different locations from the house before). I pack all hanged clothing in a trash bag that I turn upside down (tapping the hangers together in groups) then I slip the trash bag over and tie the bottom. Packing for Bella I would just put aside a couple toys, clothes, food that she needs (pack like you are taking a vacation…then label all Bella's boxes really clearly. I used to pack little by little…I would start with the things I do not need (decor, extra sheets/ blankets, kitchen things I did not need, etc)…and soon before the day I would be done!

Diana you will be great! You are organized, good luck!!

• hermione329

June 26, 2010 at 12:44 am

Your pictures are gorgeous! I am jealous of the park!

• Sara

June 25, 2010 at 9:29 am

Ohh the zoo! I'm putting that on my summer to-do list!

Good luck packing… I always forget stupid stuff like the closet in the laundry room and then while "saying goodbye" to the place I discover an extra box or two worth of stuff that I forgot to pack and end up just throwing it in the car all willy-nilly and unboxed.

Oh hai run on sentence!

• Grace

June 25, 2010 at 8:51 am

cute pictures!
    We've moved twice with baby already (he's not even 2 yet!) I would pack some everyday, try not to get overwhelmed. I'd leave the boxes in the room that the stuff came from until moving day, that way if i need something I can grab it. On the actual day last time we moved me and baby stayed at my parents and my hubby did everything. (with 2 hired movers) Having us out of the way made it easier & faster.

• Laura

June 24, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Thanks for posting pictures of yourself – you're right, it is always great to see other Mamas. For what it's worth, you look fabulous! Especially that first picture – you look slim and trim.

I've got no advice on the packing. I'm the worst packer ever.

• mommytojenna

June 24, 2010 at 9:41 pm

You look adorable and honestly, at least I know with my pictures, most people aren't looking at you – they're looking at the little one!!

Packing – Box up everything you don't use daily – all the accessories – it totally takes away the "homey" feel to your house, but it's necessary. When we moved I tried to tackle a room at a time because it was easier for me to manage – and i only left what was absolutely necessary (in the kitchen we bought paper/plastic and packed up everything else).
    And LABEL everything – what's in the box and what room it belongs in – pain in the ass now, but so worth it later!

• Jessica Warrick

June 24, 2010 at 9:13 pm

yall looked so cute in your pictures.. dont worry about putting your pictures up no one is judging you. we all got areas we dont like about ourselfs

• Lisa G

June 24, 2010 at 5:44 pm

One thing that I would suggest is keeping a sheet/label for each box and jot down what went into the box..It may seem like a pain packing, but you will be thankful on the other end. We always seemed to ask where is this and where is that and for some reason it wasn't in the box that it should have been in. I label everything now….Say for instance you pack your dvd player and xbox, but also the remote to the tv is put in there (instead of with tv) I would label dvd plyr/xbox/remote on the label or sheet of paper.
    Also, I always took x amount of boxes and packed that in a day starting with stuff you don't use day to day.
    I hope this has some value for you!

And you look great! Who cares about white legs…LOL from someone who has the same problem…

• Ryan, Christy, Landen, and Jackson

June 24, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I looking at your pictures too! Bella is so adorable! 🙂 When we packed we did it room by room and labeled each box. I also broke it up over a period of time so that it wasn't so overwhelming and made it a goal to get 1-2 rooms done each day. I would set aside a "must-haves" box for Bella's stuff so you don't have to go hunting t down when you're trying to unpack. Just put everything you think she'll need for the first few days (changes of clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles, etc). Good luck!

• ~*Jess*~

June 24, 2010 at 4:25 pm

When we started packing we would start (we. HA. I.) with all the house accessories. Makes your house sad because the pictures are mostly gone, frames, vases, stuff like that. Then go with anything that you really "don't need." Get all your winter or seasonal clothes packed up, lots of extra linens, only leave a couple sets out. Just start piling boxes in the garage and it'll add up really quick.

• Tiffany

June 24, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Taking a baby anywhere requires SO MUCH STUFF!! Check out this great article
    for some great vacation packing tips.

• MamaBear

June 24, 2010 at 4:15 pm

first of all, you look GREAT! you shouldn't be worrying about putting up your pictures, although i do so i totally get it! bella is adorable as always! looks like she loved the zoo!

ok, packing. my advice is to do a little everyday. some people may say set aside 20 mins or whatever but like what can you really get done in 20 mins. i say plan on 1 hour. everyday. if you can do more go for it. but, if you know you only have an hour you will work more productively.

at least, that's how i operate on missions!!!