Peek inside my house:

July 5, 2010

Welcome to a tour of our home. I’ve been wanting to do this ever since I missed the Twitter home tour. When my house was all clean and sparkly after a home showing the other day, I couldn’t think of a better time to take pictures.

We don’t live in a mansion or anything super fancy, but we’ve worked hard on our home. We got to pick out everything – from the lot of land, to the floorplans, to the colors. I love it so much, and I’m happy to share it with you all.

We’ll start with the entrance – what you see as soon as you walk in the front door:

The kitchen is to the front, living room to the left. There is closet on the right for shoes/coats.

This is our living room – a side shot and straight on from the kitchen. The computer is usually there – also where I blog. We’re hoping to get an office in the next house. The TV? Sam’s pride and joy. I really think it’s too big (46 inches) and would have liked it smaller but at least when we’re old and blind we won’t have any trouble seeing it. 🙂 The rocking chair was from my parents when they moved last year – we’re giving it back when we move. The lamps are also from them – they have naked Greek/Roman people on them. No lie. It’s awesome.

Our kitchen. One of my favorite parts of our home. I love our black appliances and the island. We bought that lamp hanging over the kitchen table to replace the ugliest light ever. Hideous.

This is where the real magic happens- where I spent a good portion of the first 6 months of Bella’s life cleaning diapers and her barfed on clothes. I feel very peaceful in here – I always wanted a laundry room and this one is perfect. To the left is the door to the garage.

Our bedroom. We bought the furniture piece by piece as we could afford it. The mirror was an accident, it came with the dresser and the company said it would cost too much to send back so they just had us keep it.

Bella’s nursery. A place I obsessed over for 9 months. I painted her walls at 6 months pregnant, put together her crib, hung the decorations. Her changing table has a Thermos for hot water (cloth wipes). The crib literally took me 5 months to pick out. As did the Pottery Barn bedding set that almost made me go insane. The chair is the one I slept in while sleep training her.

This is where we spend a portion of our days – the quilt is mine from when I was a little girl. She loves to play on it – from sitting to rolling. The kitties will sit and watch her, but if she tries to get near them they run away. One too many pinches.

So that’s it! I hope you enjoyed the tour and got a better idea of where I am. I did this for me too, so when we move I have this written down and in pictures. That way I won’t ever forget anything about my first little house.

• melissa

July 5, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Love the nursery – this is such a great idea!!

And i love the new look by the way!!

• Blair@HeirtoBlair

July 5, 2010 at 12:38 pm

It’s beautiful & I LOVE your bedroom set!

• Tweets that mention Peek inside my house: | Hormonal Imbalances — Topsy.com

July 5, 2010 at 12:37 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Diana, Diana. Diana said: Peek inside my house:: Welcome to a tour of our home. I’ve been wanting to do this ever since I missed the Twitter… http://bit.ly/aWkUGt […]

• Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life

July 5, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Very nice house! Your kitchen does look very functional!!

• Erin

July 5, 2010 at 9:38 am

Oooh I loove this! Your house is adorable! I especially love:
    A) You blog in your living room – I do too – would love an office whenever we get a house! We’ve bonded lol 🙂
    B) You have hand me down furniture – we do too – but love picking out our own stuff
    C) Your bedroom suite, can’t wait to have one too! We got our bedside tables as a gift so we did pick them out, and we bought our own bed after we got married, but our dressers are hand me downs still.

Hmm..maybe I should do a home tour! The Twitter home tour was before I joined but I remember hearing about it 🙂 You’re on to something lady! 😉

• Jess@StraightTalk

July 5, 2010 at 9:38 am

I love it! Very cute. I know your next house will be even more perfectly fit for yall and someone will love this one. I think it’s precious she has your quilt! And someday, when there is another baby J, you’ll have to teach me this sleep training business.

And yes, you’ll be so glad to have this tour online. I still look back at pictures of our first house. Although I look at them and get sad and wish I was still there. LOL but that’s different.

• mama23bears

July 5, 2010 at 9:30 am

very nice! i love that noah’s ark! where is that from?

July 5, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I’ve gotten more comments on that! It was given to me when I taught kindergarten by a woman who had used it at her church but they didn’t need it anymore. I love it – the kids did too as most of the animals have their ears/legs missing from “running from the flood.”