Glee (TV crack)

October 18, 2010

I am obsessed with Glee. I remember last season I didn’t watch any of it – both Sam and I were like, “Who wants to watch a bunch of high schoolers sing and dance their way though an hour of TV? NOT US!” Even though, um, we were both in choir and drama all through high school, so I don’t know where we got the idea we wouldn’t like it from.

::throat punches self::

Then everyone kept raving about it – Glee this and Glee that. I finally caved and put them all in my Netflix queue, without telling Sam. When the first one arrived, I prepared him by letting him know: yes we had Netflix, no he wasn’t going to see Iron Man. (Lame-o). He told me point blank, “Glee is going to be stupid and I’m going to hate it.”

I promised him we would turn it off if it was really dumb.

3 1/2 hours later we were both on the edge of the couch watching it, and pausing to occasionally rewind a part or comment on something (like how insane Will’s wife is). We got the second disk the next night, and watched it till midnight when our eyes were ready to fall out. I begged Sam to save the last episode on that disk till the next night, but noooo – someone just had to see it. Since Glee is so dumb and all.

I just re-watched the third disk today.

Basically it’s the most addictive show ever. I keep thinking,”Sometimes the plot in this makes no sense.” Then they come up with some amazing mix of songs, or Sue tells the cheerleaders to smell their armpits in order to smell failure, or goes on TV to discuss the benefits of caning – and I forgive the fact that Rachel has fallen in love with just about everyone in one episode and Finn is annoying, and why on earth is Will so stupid when it comes to his wife’s fake pregnancy?

Could Glee get any better? I don’t think so.

HAWT

Well, yes. Yes it could. They could have Puck lose his ability to wear a shirt for the rest of the season. Like maybe all his shirts burn up in a fire. Or they all shrink in the wash and he’s too poor to buy more. Or something.

Anything.

Hey, he’s 28 in real life. That doesn’t make me a pedophile, thanks.

• Sara

October 20, 2010 at 10:55 am

I’ve been trying to avoid this show… don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to!

• Siva

October 19, 2010 at 8:31 am

I love Glee. I was against watching it a first since it seemed silly, bit I’m so glad I did.

Puck is amazing.

• Alexia

October 19, 2010 at 6:46 am

OMG!!! My 14 sister got me watching last season. And it is completely addictive. My husband watched with me last week and despite claiming over and over it was ‘retarded’ he was absolutely glued to the TV and kept asking who was who (though I think he was really just waiting for every Sue scene). And Puck…holy crap. He is beyond fine. He could definitely go shirtless forever and ever. I’ll be the first to admit that my name is Alexia and I’m a Gleek.

• harmskills

October 18, 2010 at 5:57 pm

yeah i have not gotten into glee i dont get it, is it a reality show???

October 18, 2010 at 6:27 pm

No, it’s like a musical/drama/comedy of high school kids in Glee club – it’s kinda hard to explain. It’s really, really funny.

• metta1313

October 18, 2010 at 4:29 pm

So glad you are finally getting with the program! I’m a gleek through and through!

• Erika @NaMammaSte

October 18, 2010 at 2:37 pm

HAHA! so funny! Andy and I did the same thing this summer when they had the reruns on tv and now we watch faithfully every Tuesday. I’ve never had a show… well ok, I’ve only had one (The Mentalist)… that I had to watch every week and would be upset if I missed. Although, with Hulu and DVR, sometimes I’m happy when I miss them and don’t have to deal with the full length commercials the next day. No, I am not even patient enough to wait 30 minutes to start watching the show and fast forward… I am THAT addicted! Andy doesn’t really share my passion, but he also wasn’t into choir or drama or anything like I was…. thankfully he humors me! Sort of like how I act excited about Monday night football 😉

October 18, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Since we don’t have cable we have to watch them all on Hulu or their channel – which is great most of the time. I’m glad it’s on Tuesdays because it’ll be out Wednesdays for us, and we don’t have anything to watch that night.

• Angela

October 18, 2010 at 12:47 pm

DH will not watch it. I am obsessed 🙂 I guess he’s not perfect after all LOL

• Janelle

October 18, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I will admit liking it as well…and even got my husband suckered in with the “Grilled Cheesus” episode – classic!

October 18, 2010 at 6:29 pm

OMG I haven’t seen that one yet! They have some classics on there, Sue really makes the show.

• Cathy

October 18, 2010 at 10:01 am

hahahahah, I am cracking up at work.