Sunday Confessions

December 5, 2010

There are times driving somewhere when I hear an amazing song come on. Like TiK ToK by Ke$ha (who? Why is there a dollar sign in your name?) or In My Head by Jason Derulo (again, no idea who this is – I had to google the lyrics). While the words are something I cringe over when I actually listen to them (really, touch my junk? How about personal boundaries? Or looking for love in a club? How about looking for a reason to visit the Dr. in a few weeks with an unidentified rash?), the beat is fantastic.

Everything about the song screams, “DANCE” so (usually at a stoplight) I sing at the top of my lungs while using the steering wheel as a set of drums and imagining myself on stage in front of a thousand people screaming my name while I rock out in a skin tight outfit with 5 inch heels and know that my jet plane is waiting outside and the next day I wake up the most famous singer in the whole world with a smokin’ body and a half a billion dollars tap my foot along to the music and nod along.

Sometimes, I even roll down the windows to get the “wind blown” effect in my hair.

Then I get to the grocery store, and me and my mom jeans get out of the car. Sans 5 inch heels. And I pray that no one is in there that was next to me at the stoplight.

• kim

December 6, 2010 at 9:40 am

Bella has her own little concert. What a good mom! We call them ‘car concerts’ and I actually insist that the kids join in. They love them. Plus, you know, I can roll my eyes and gesture to them if I’m caught. 🙂

December 5, 2010 at 10:41 pm

I am my own biggest fan. Or my only fan, whichever. My new favorite song to blast my singing volume to is Just a Dream by Nelly. ABSOLUTE FAVE!!

• Alison

December 5, 2010 at 5:04 pm

::DIES:: I do it, while constantly checking every mirror to see when a car will be approaching me. Once the car is anywhere near me, I calmly turn down the music, stop singing and dancing and pretend that I wasn’t doing anything at all. Lol.

• Not There Yet

December 5, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Same here! I just rocked out to Jamie Foxx & Kayne West’s Golddigger pulling up to the grocery. Broke Broke!

• Tweets that mention Sunday Confessions | Hormonal Imbalances — Topsy.com

December 5, 2010 at 4:38 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Diana and Diana, Diana. Diana said: Sunday Confessions: There are times driving somewhere when I hear an amazing song come on. Like Dolla by Ke$ha (… http://bit.ly/f7Cx7m […]

• themanager

December 5, 2010 at 4:22 pm

HILARIOUS! i do the same thing! sometimes, i just crank Kickstart my Heart by Motely Crue & imagine high hair & stonewashed jeans. sometimes, that’s the only alone time i get for awhile so i make it count!