Peek in my purse.

May 17, 2011

I’ve always wanted to do a post like this, every time I see one I think, “I have to remember to do this sometime.” And today I emptied my purse to clean it, remembered, and grabbed a photo thanks to Instagram.

1.Credit Card and List.

I make a list for everything. EVERYTHING. I start my day with a list and check it off as I go.

2. My wallet.

Super cute, from Target. It’s a snap metal closure and holds it all in.

3. Sam’s car keys (to his truck) and Burt’s Bees tinted chapstick in Hibiscus. LOVE.

4. Petco receipt.

I bought cat food yesterday. And then lugged it up three flights of stairs.

5. My old Android phone battery.

It’s to take to Sam since he still has one and the battery on those literally lasts like 2 hours.

6. Diaper cream.

I have no idea why it’s in there. Emergency I guess.

7. My car keys, change, and a small piece of very hard cheddar cheese.

Compliments of my child.

I also have a mini first aid kit in there as well. It’s zippered so it didn’t fall out.

Then I cleaned and organized the mess that was my purse, and now it’s all nice and neat again. Until tomorrow. Because I have a small child. So “nice and neat” are rare, fleeting words around here.

• Adam

May 17, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Wow. When I go out without Isaac I have 3 things. Wallet, keys and phone (though recently phone has been turned off the whole time, but that’s another story). I can’t imagine wondering what was in the thing I carry with me all the time.

When it’s during the day and I have Isaac and the diaper bag, however, I have no idea what’s in that thing.

• Suz @ Suz’s Treats

May 17, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I always love seeing peeks at what’s in bloggy friends purses. I’ll have to dump mine out & do one of these posts soon. LOL at the cheese. Your wallet’s super cute.

May 17, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I’m going to remember this in case my purse goes missing at BlogHer. 🙂

• Erika @NaMammaSte

May 17, 2011 at 5:19 pm

mmmm, hard cheddar. I should probably clean out my purse too. I’m afraid of what I’ll find 🙁 I also should probably add a first aid kit to my purse because the boo boo’s are getting way more frequent lately!

May 17, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Bella got a cut on her finger today. You’d think her hand was severed off. And so I put on a bandaid, and because she’s never had one, that too sent her further into a downward spiral.

• kim

May 17, 2011 at 3:55 pm

yeah, the cheddar chesse thing . . . remember when we used to find stray money, lipstick and oh, maybe more money in our purse? Now it’s random used food and diaper cream. Parenting is so glamorous. 🙂

May 17, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I remember. I remember those days like I was in a fog of bliss with the truck of reality heading towards my ovaries with no lights on.

• Janelle

May 17, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Glad I’m not the only one who finds things like “very hard cheddar cheese” in my purse…

May 17, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I’m sure there are many more of us out there.

• Cole

May 17, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I did a post like this for my diaper bag a while back – would you believe that sucker weighed 9 pounds?!

Mommy is not all about lugging Henry’s dog food all the way in to our condo, so she orders from k9cuisine.com – I think they have cat food, too and then it comes directly to your door 🙂

May 17, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Holy wow! 9 lbs is a lot!

• Cathy

May 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm

LOL @ Bella-cheddar chee$e……

May 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm