I did a vlog about bathing suits. My face got stuck in “DESTROY” mode.

May 16, 2011

I have a question for you all about bathing suits and being a mom. I need some help. Badly.

Yes, the face on this frame is awful. It looks like I’m going to eat the iPhone or breathe fire.

WIN.

Just push play quickly.

P.S. I’m fully clothed in this (as I was in my last vlog thankyouverymuch).

• halong bay cruises

July 7, 2011 at 2:19 am

Halong bay cruise – tours and travel guide – halong bay cruises at low cost,
    discount travel and cheap tours. Discover the splendors of Halong Bay aboard

halong bay cruises, travel agents, tour company, sea kayaking, halong bay vietnam, halong bay junk cruises

• Vietnam Travel Agents, Vietnam Tours Packages

July 7, 2011 at 2:18 am

Vietnam Travel Agents, Vietnam Tours Packages and Vietnam Luxury Tour Operators with Travel Deals, Tours, Holiday and Vacation Packages in Vietnam

If the discovery of new cultures appeals to you, then let yourself be seduced by the people of Vietnam, their villages and their markets in the midst of a sumptuous nature.
    You will be surprised by the wonder of it all. Along with guides renown for professionalism and competence, you will discover the customs, crafts and lifestyles of the local people.

vietnam travel agents,vietnam tours packages

• Kelly

May 24, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I love that you said your cat hates everyone – even me/us/whatever! You’re hilarious!

I’ve heard good things about Miraclesuits: http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/miraclesuit

I can’t wait to see what you buy!

• Stephanie

May 17, 2011 at 10:15 pm

LOL…you crack me up! We wont go blind and neither will our children, silly! Cant wait to see what you decided to get for your visit to GA! Oh and please have some mellow mushroom for me…miss that stuff 🙂

• Amber

May 17, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I am go glad you did this post because I need to find the right suit.

I usually go the tankini route. I always find that the one pieces accentuate the lack of flatness in the belly department (but maybe I need to investigate the ruching (Sp?))

I had a tankini top I loved that had the ruching on the sides, and there were strings hanging that could give you more or less coverage. Flattering and allowed me to get a little more sun on the belly when I was laying around.

(Your nails look fabulous. I must try that)

• kim

May 17, 2011 at 11:17 am

I did Lands End last year, tankini w/ a little straight skirt. Not too bad. The best? For you to walk like you rock it. 🙂

• Alexia

May 16, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Love love love Blair’s suggestion! Red, sexy, ruching and a little skirt! I’m buying that one for our family trip to the lake! It’s only $35!! You might get some teenage boys checking you out in that one ; )

P.S. Love when you vlog!

• Cathy

May 16, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I am loving one piece suits! I would suggest finding some sort of tool online that helps find the style that would look best according to body type- that could help!

• Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life

May 16, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I love Land’s End! Several of their suits are at Sears if you are in a crunch for time! Here is just the general link:

What I love, a cute cover up, LOL!!!

• Leah @ simply fabulous

May 16, 2011 at 2:08 pm

These are super super cute and flattering!

My sister (mommy of two) found this one at Costco for a great price!

May 18, 2011 at 9:53 pm

The one with cherries on it is ADORABLE. Holy wow.

• Blair@HeirtoBlair

May 16, 2011 at 11:40 am

I have this bad boy:

It’s AMAZING. The ruching (is that how you spell it?) is a nice distraction & the little “skirt” part of it hides that ungodly moment where your hip fat meets the spandex on the leg opening. Very flattering, kind of retro & trendy.

1. Blair@HeirtoBlair

May 16, 2011 at 11:41 am

& only $35!! That’s the best part!

May 18, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Here’s the deal – I’m pretty sure you’ve got more up top than I do. So do you think this would stay up on me? I saw the straps but am not a fan of the way they look with this.

I remember your post on this last summer, you looked super cute in it. I just don’t want to be the mom who flashes everyone in the pool.

1. Blair@HeirtoBlair

May 19, 2011 at 6:17 am

It will DEFINITELY work for you. I wish I had less up top because I’d have more coverage.

• Katrina

May 16, 2011 at 11:16 am

You could go with something like this: http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/11745.htm?color=9325

HaHaHa…just kidding! I just thought it was funny and had to share it! I actually really like this one: http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/23159.htm?color=9325

I really like this store – they’re a bit on the expensive side but they’ve got really cute stuff and it holds up really well!!!

May 18, 2011 at 9:50 pm

OMG. I need to buy the first one. Because then I’d be so stylin’ in the water with my kid.

The second one is cute!

• Teresa

May 16, 2011 at 10:59 am

I am in the same boat. I need a new suit. Right now I have a rouched tankini top with bikini bottom and it doesn’t adequately cover my growing flabby bottom. I’ll be checking back to see to read all this input!g

• Tabetha Smelser

May 16, 2011 at 8:14 am

I suggest going with something that has some pleating and stuff to it, which is super flattering. I really like this swimsuit from Lane Bryant. (http://tinyurl.com/5shkzsz) I think the retro style is very modest but still cute and a little sexy. I hope this helps. 🙂

• Erika @NaMammaSte

May 16, 2011 at 8:05 am

I have the retro one-piece from victoria’s secret (http://goo.gl/6PkJR) and I love it enough that we did family pictures in it.

It’s expensive, but I think it’s worth it because I bought it last year and I have every intention of wearing it FOREVER. It is REALLY nice quality. I think it covers everything you’d want it to cover without looking like you’re trying to cover anything. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for other ideas too! 🙂

• Kate

May 16, 2011 at 7:48 am

Absolutely this

My parents have a house near the beach and have the summers off (they’re teachers) so we spend a lot of time on the beach during the summer. This is the best bathing suit I’ve had in years; comfortable, supportive, and flattering. In fact, finding the link for you has led me to the discovery that it is on sale so I may have to buy another one for next summer so I don’t have to worry about it drying out every day (I’m already 16 weeks pregnant so I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to get something else for this summer).

• Dana K

May 16, 2011 at 7:21 am

Okay, I hate bathing suit shopping WITH A PASSION!

Post-birth, I bought a black one piece with rouching on the stomach & a kind-of bustier top (not so much sexy & just anti-gravity). I spent entirely too much on it but I’m built funny & it’s incredibly hard for me to find one piece suits that fit.

I recently bought bottoms that usually go with tankinis so I can wear my bikini tops. I’m banking on my new, larger boobies distracting my even larger booty.

• TheNextMartha

May 16, 2011 at 7:17 am

I caved and bought one with a skirt last year. It was black. I didn’t enjoy it. Well, actually I didn’t mind it, I just didn’t enjoy the thought of giving in to the skirt. I will say that the skirt part sort up floats up in the pool. Not really the best look.