Breathe.

June 25, 2011

We’re on our way back from looking at homes. Closer to base and in our price range. And it’s better. It really is. It’s not somewhere like Dallas or Denver (which I sorely miss) but it’s nothing like our hotel in downtown El Paso.

Sam reminded me we are 6 miles from the border. And in a big city. Of course it’s going to be dirty and huge – most cities are.

I heard on the news the heat here is unusual even for El Paso in June. So there we go.

And we’ve found a few fun places to eat. Our hotel has a swimming pool.

I have my husband and daughter with me. 🙂 As cranky and tired and culture shocked as they both are. We will be ok.

And? Bella found a dried lizard outside today that had eye sockets but no eyes and was flattened into a kind of very dry raisin.

So there is that. If nothing else, we have sun-dried raisin lizards with no eye balls.

:p

• Kelly

July 13, 2011 at 10:37 pm

We saw a sun dried raisin frog with no eyeballs and ants feasting on it during our walk last night.

• t.bird

June 27, 2011 at 7:20 am

He never gives us more than we can handle.

so cliche- but so very true.

you’ve got this.

• Erika (NAMAmmaSTE)

June 26, 2011 at 10:58 am

Fun new toys! You should start a dried lizard sales online business 😉

I’m happy things are starting to look up! I hope you hear back on a place you love tomorrow!

• Amber

June 26, 2011 at 7:51 am

I am glad you are starting to see some positives. My heart went out to you on the last post.

And hey, if you can find positives in the miserable heat of the summer, things can only get better, right? 🙂

But seriously, I’ll be thinking of you and your family. I hope the right place comes along for you.

• Teresa

June 26, 2011 at 7:44 am

Hooray for your wonderful sense of humor!! Please, the next time you see a lizard with dry eyeball sockets, take an instagram picture and make it look fancy for me. 🙂

Seriously though, I am happy that you are with your lovies and I will pray you find a new place that feels like home.

• Finding My New Normal

June 26, 2011 at 3:16 am

I feel your pain. Moving sucks. But you do get through it, and I’m sure you guys will find a place you love very soon.

• Alison

June 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Sundried Lizard Christmas Ornaments! Looking forward to my gift this year!!

Glad things are looking up. Hang in there, love you

• Suz

June 25, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Sounds like things are already looking up. Agree with Alena that its all what you make it. Sounds like its starting out as quite the adventure. Hope y’all can make a fun {or even try to find humor in it} together.

• Miranda H.

June 25, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Just take it one day at a time! Moving is so hard but you can make it!

• Alena

June 25, 2011 at 8:45 pm

It’s what you make of it. The beginning usually sucks. Until you find a house and make it into a home. Until your husband gets into a grove at work. Until you find things you want to do. Then? Things always look up!