The Waiting Game and Spontaneous Combustion

June 29, 2011

We found two homes through the same realtor that we love. Really love. Like – “they would be nice even in Colorado” love.

😉

And we’re supposed to hear back tomorrow on them because they had other applicants. I’d love to post pics but I didn’t get any while we were there (Bella had small meltdowns, took to rubbing her paci in the dirt, and freaked out about going in a strange home). I can’t pull them offline because we don’t get service on the laptop in our hotel room, and only occasionally on our cells which is where I blog from.

But the one we love is cute and clean and in a sweet neighborhood – I’m praying so hard we get it. So hard.

Because if I have to spend one more night in this hotel with the scalding hot/freezing cold SURPRISE! shower, the hairdryer that blew flames out the first (and only) time I used it, the bed sheets made out of same material as the curtains, the door that sticks and must be opened by barreling full speed into it, the cat litter box 3 feet from our bed that they decide to all take a dump in at once at 2am (every.single.night), the pack n play that Bella refuses to nap in and wails “Up, moe (more), caca (cracker)” while signing furiously in hopes of being taken out, the screaming kids that run up and down the sidewalk at night, the church groups that banged on a drum and yelled prayers at the sky for an hour (where was the lightning then God, huh?), that it’s been 102+ every day since we got here, the puke stain on my side of the floor from Bella, the fact that I got food poisoning yesterday and then so did Sam and Bella was a mess because neither of us could bear to get out of bed for more than a few minutes, that we got a double bed (really?) instead of the queen, and that our TV gets 8 blurry channels and 2 of them are in Spanish – one more night here…

And I may indeed spontaneously combust.

That would be a shame because I’d really like to be here when we get a house. In one piece and burn free as well.

And while I understand I need to be thankful (and I am), right now I need to write this to find the humorous side of the mess we’re living in.

P.S. I lied: I have a pic!! Thank you iPhone for phone shots.

20110629-101929.jpg

• Anonymous

July 3, 2011 at 1:58 am

Good luck. The house looks tiny. You’re only renting it? How much does a house like that go for? I ask b/c I haven’t looked at rental properties since I got my house 20 years ago. Just curious. Be well!

• JM

June 30, 2011 at 9:38 am

Cuuuuuute house! Fingers crossed for you 🙂

God, I don’t miss Texass.

• Erika (NAMAmmaSTE)

June 30, 2011 at 9:32 am

Flames?! Wow, you haven’t complained enough! Hang in there. I’m praying really hard for you guys too.

• Alexia

June 30, 2011 at 9:08 am

OMG you are cracking me up! If only because we are in such a similar situation right now. Only instead of staying at the World’s Worst Hotel we’re at the ‘Four Seasons’ with a toddler. Where everything is beautiful and serene and BREAKABLE. It’s a nightmare on the nerves…

Hope you get the house! It’s really cute!!

• jess

June 30, 2011 at 8:40 am

Cute! Are you looking on the eastside?

• Teresa

June 30, 2011 at 8:08 am

Amazing. Reading this post was like watching a comedy where you cringe and laugh at the same time. I know EXACTLY how you feel- when Cody was a year old, we had to live in a motel for a week. It sounds like the same one, but it was in NY. You are so strong and optimistic. Gah! You lied about having a pic. I love it!!

• Kim

June 30, 2011 at 4:07 am

Snorted my water and it dripped out my nose. Not gonna lie. Oh, how I love you. Praying for the house, as well. It’s adorable. Love how Bella is signing so much. 🙂

• Miranda H.

June 30, 2011 at 3:04 am

I am sending my prayers girl i hope you get this house! That would be so wonderful for you and your family! Let us know what happens.

• Good Girl Gone Green

June 29, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Please don’t spontaneously combust, I want to meet you when I am in Texas! Hope you get that home, its lovely

• Alison

June 29, 2011 at 10:07 pm

dies. Im so glad you wrote about this because Ive been laughing ever since we got off the phone lol!!

1. Kim

June 30, 2011 at 4:05 am

right? I want to hear this from her mouth!! Beyond awesomely awesome.

1. Anonymous