Cuteness and Death Shoes

July 24, 2011

Why, hello there. I thought I’d put up some random cuteness of Bella and a picture of me trying to channel some kind of shopping smarts for BlogHer.

I was given this ark when I taught Kindergarten. The kids had so much fun with it, and I couldn’t wait to hand it down to my own. If the ceramind animals survived the abusive love they were given during that year. Minus a few hooves, ears, and a trunk? It came out fairly unscathed.

Love. Literally - she can't stop playing with the ark.

Bella is obsessed with chapstick lately. She loved to put it on, then smack her lips to imitate me. This was cute until she began to eat it. It became baby-crack. I had to wind it down so she couldn’t get to it which triggered many meltdowns.

Mmmmm. Chapstick.

I love making Nori Wrapped Salmon (so, so easy and Sam loves it to pieces). When I made it last week, I handed Bella the nori (seaweed) and thought she’d hate it. 2 full sheets later I was proven quite wrong. She loves it and now it’s like an afternoon snack for all of us.

She liked how it stuck to the roof of her mouth.

Me. Trying on a bazillion dresses to find a couple for the BlogHer parties. It took 3 hours to shop for 3 days. I think I was born to be a SAHM because looking polished is just not my deal. HOWEVER, I found these shoes (they sparkle) and dress and was in love. You can’t tell from the photo but they have to have 6 inch heels. I may break my leg/ankle/neck while wearing them, but I will be the hottest looking invalid/corpse ever. Can I wear them for hours? Only time will tell. I’m thinking this is Sparklecorn worthy.

Hello Death Shoes.

• Noelle S.

July 25, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Bella is so cute!! I love the outfit!!

• Suz @ Suz’s Treats

July 25, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Bella is so cute! Like I told you before, that dress is awesome. Can’t wait to see it in person soon!

• Alexia

July 25, 2011 at 11:41 am

Loving that Bella is addicted to Chapstick. So am I 😉 So cute.

LOVE that dress and LOVE those shoes!! Can’t wait to see the rest of the BlogHer outfits!

• Cindy @ b.kate designs

July 25, 2011 at 9:32 am

First, Bailey will share in the chapstick crack with Bella- they can be chapstick crack buddies! It ends in tantrums here also!!! You look hot lady! Love the dress and the shoes, beautiful! Go rock it and take some pictures (and take a back up pair :)!!)

• Not There Yet

July 25, 2011 at 8:34 am

where is that dress from? super cute!

• Branson

July 25, 2011 at 6:16 am

Love the pics! Bella is so cute and that ark is awesome! You look awesome in that dress and the death shoes, lol.

1. Branson

July 25, 2011 at 6:17 am

I swear I need to work on my comment vocabulary… lamer on the double awesome. That is what happens when I do blog commenting with no sleep. How about you look “gorgeous” instead 😉

• Kim

July 25, 2011 at 3:59 am

I.want.that.dress. I will also girl fight you for those shoes. 😉

• Alia

July 24, 2011 at 9:50 pm

hi Diana

I really want to try this recipe, but I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say wrap it in the nori. do you mean wrap it into a roll like sushi? or just put the salmon fillet in the middle of the nori thing, and then fold the sheet aroudn the fillet like i am gift wrapping it or smthg?

July 24, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Hi Alia,
      It’s confusing, but here’s what works best. The mustard/wasabi stuff should be spread on the nori in a thin paste with a basting brush – all over. Then I place the salmon on the edge and fold it up in there, tucking the corners under at the end. It stays closed this way and the mustard acts like a glue to hold it together.
      One caution though – only spread the mustard when you’re ready to place the fish down. If you do it too early the nori will fold up as it absorbs the moisture.
      Let me know if that doesn’t make sense or if you have any other questions. 🙂

• Hollie

July 24, 2011 at 9:12 pm

LOVE the dress…and you look so Pretty!!!! The shoes…Perfect!!! 🙂

July 24, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Thank you! Omg, I love the shoes. I really do.

• Krista

July 24, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Love that outfit!! especially the shoes.

July 24, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I saw them and knew it could only be for Sparklecorn. They’d look really trampish anywhere else. :p

• TheNextMartha

July 24, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Who needs toes? Fab shoes and you look great!

• melissa

July 24, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Hot mama! What better way to celebrate you doing what you love and the weight loss than a killer pair of heels and an awesome dress? Live it! Keep it up lady, I’m loving your new ‘tude!!!

• Miranda

July 24, 2011 at 12:53 pm

They may have six inch heels, but they are platforms which will make walking in them unbelievably easier! You can do this!

Also? Cute pics!