Whirlwind.

August 6, 2011

Right now I’m laying in my hotel bed. The past two days have been, well, it’s so hard to put into words.

Amazing.

Insane.

Overwhelming.

Tear jerking.

Head explosion worthy.

I can’t begin to write what has gone on. How many amazing people I’ve met. The things I have learned and the ways I’ve felt SO connected with these women in ways I never thought I’d feel connected at all. Cheering for commas. Lively debates on the use of there vs they’re vs their. The passion flowing through the room – like an electric surge – as we share why we’re hear and listen to each other speak.

I’m so glad I came. I miss my daughter, my husband, and silence. 🙂 But nothing could have taken the place of what BlogHer has been able to give me as a writer. A sense of purpose, community, and belonging.

I’ve met everyone I wanted to. That includes BA from Heir to Blair. I almost had a mini heart attack when I first saw her. And yes. It was amazing to hug her and then stand awkwardly wondering what on earth to say so she wouldn’t walk away and think, “Wow, Diana FAIL.” It was one of the highlights of this trip. I’ve met Jen from The Next Martha, Devan from Accustomed Chaos, Dana from The Sears Fam, and so many more.

There is SO MUCH SWAG. And I had to show you our room.

Ready?

20110805-045324.jpg

There was more on the side of the room. That was one days worth.

I have no idea how we’re going to get it all home.

It’s been an experience I will never forget. Earlier this week someone asked when I was going to stop talking about BlogHer. Which, of course, hurt my feelings. Because this is part of my life. What I do. This is a conference, a gathering, for my passion and the women that share it. And I want to share it with you because this blog is about my life.

I’m so glad I’m here. I’m thankful I had this opportunity. I haven’t taken a moment for granted because I remember wanting it so bad last year. It’s been amazing.

And for having trouble find the words I did a pretty good job coming up with a few, yes?

• Vanessa

August 11, 2011 at 10:14 am

Look at all of that swag!! Glad to hear you had a good time, I want to go so badly next year!!

• Allie’s #BlogHer11 Take Away | Ramblings of a WAHM

August 8, 2011 at 11:18 pm

[…] Whirlwind […]

• Devan @ Accustomed Chaos

August 8, 2011 at 3:04 pm

i was soooo happy to meet you. i fell in love with you even harder if that’s possible. wish we could have spent more time together — think you will go next year?

• Lisa @ Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy

August 8, 2011 at 10:53 am

I am soo mad that I didn’t get to meet you. I had a great experience but was way overwhelmed by it all and was unprepared to be unable to connect through social media. Next time I’ll be sure to get phone #’s for those I want to meet!

• t.bird

August 8, 2011 at 6:47 am

so…you gonna stop talking about BlogHer now?

lolz. i kid.

i’m stoked for you- what an opp! maybe next year… 🙂

t

• Dana @SearsFam

August 7, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Meeting you was one of the highlights if my trip. Your Blog really does represent you well and I am so grateful to have you in my life. Thanks for all the Hugs, I love you!

• cathy

August 7, 2011 at 7:01 pm

we need to skype immediately. Thank you. 🙂 glad you had a blast

• alyson

August 7, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I’m so jealous you touched Mario Lopez. Nothing else in life should even matter right now lol

• Molly

August 7, 2011 at 10:39 am

Diana, I am so glad to have met you and spent some time with you. I am so glad you had a good time! Hope to get to know you more.

• Cole

August 6, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Mommy’s sad she’s missing out this year… And she’s jealous that you miss silence – there is *never* any silence in our house!

I just spent an hour and a half screaming and refusing to go to bed. And, unfortunately, that’s been par for the course the past few weeks.

• Sara

August 6, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Presents!!

I’m so glad you got to go this year, and that you got so much out of it! Can’t wait for my turn. 🙂

• Branson

August 6, 2011 at 7:37 pm

You talk about it ALL YOU WANT! 🙂 Just ignore anyone who complains!

• Rebecca

August 6, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Great post! It’s probably impossible to really really capture BlogHer mania, but you had me nodding through the whole post 🙂

Love LOVED meeting you this week! You’re even better in real life