Baked Lemon Parsley Salmon over Quinoa
This is a simple, wholesome recipe that cooks in about 25 minutes.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill (less if dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium baking dish, and cover with the marinade. *You can marinate it for up to an hour – but I did it for just 10 minutes and it was wonderful.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
- If boxed, follow directions.
- If bulk, the quinoa should be cooked one cup quinoa to two cups water. Rinse thoroughly and let soak in water for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain, and add 2x the amount of water as quinoa.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Quinoa should be slightly al dente and easily separate with a fork.
- Remove from heat, fluff with fork.
- Serve with the juice from the baked salmon marinade drizzled over if desired.