The Dilemma

October 26, 2011

Sam has baby fever.

I do not.

This leaves us with quite the dilemma.

Because I don’t know if I ever will again.

Bother.

• Megan

October 28, 2011 at 6:48 am

You will know when the time is right. Having two children is amazing though. You think the first time is grand wait till the second. And watching you children interact, its something you will NEVER regret.

• Becky

October 28, 2011 at 5:49 am

That’s hard. I will second what a couple other people have said. The second is way easier. Probably because we were more relaxed. Probably because she is the polar opposite of her sister. The third is almost 1 1/2 and is a pleasant mix of the 2. Plus with the post partum, you know what’s coming and how to look for it so it’s a little easier to head off. And never mind the affording thing. No one can afford it. Do what is right for you though. Your hubs can come sit in our living room for a couple hours. That might cure his fever – and damage his hearing.

• Autumn Eggleston

October 27, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I think spouses are just continually of opposite pages to balance each other out! This is an ok thing:)

I am with you tho. I told Devin that Kiley was going to be an only child for the first 6 months of her life! I think that it is much harder to think of #2 for those of us that had a more difficult than average first year with #1. How can you imagine that it will be easy because you will likely have an easier situation. How can you imagine something that is so outside of your experience? An easy baby and a healthy mommy just sounds too easy when it is something that you didn’t experience the first time around.

So I am basically terrified of number two, but I know that if I don’t do it I will regret it. My strategy is to have them close together and get it over with! I hope it doesn’t bite me in the behind 😉

• Katrina @ Hix in the Stix ~ Army Edition

October 27, 2011 at 10:10 am

We have the opposite problem…*I* have baby fever. My husband says he is CURED!!! lol

He is currently deployed so a baby isn’t even a possibility right now. I’m hoping he’ll catch the fever a few months after he gets home. (Hey, a girl can dream…right???)

• Susan

October 27, 2011 at 9:30 am

It’s a lot of work to begin with, but when the baby grows up a little there is someone to play with. My boys are 2 years 3 months apart and they are there for eachother for the rest of their lives…after we are old and gone there is still family. (I know it doesn’t always work that way thought) I don’t regret having 2 and I was the one who was married for 8 years before finally deciding to take the baby plunge. I was never a person that longed for motherhood. Just my thoughts but everyone has to decide for their own what is right for them. I totally understand the “bother” part of your situation. Love you Diana…

• Beth Anne

October 27, 2011 at 8:40 am

I have the beginnings of baby fever. I KNOW I want to do it again.

Doug has baby fever. He is unsure he wants to act on it.

Either way, we can’t afford it.

Bother.

• Misty

October 27, 2011 at 8:15 am

I’m terrified to have another baby. I don’t want to give up my independence, and my new business. But I’m also scared to grow old, and regret not having another one. “Bother” is a great way to put it 🙂

• stephanie

October 27, 2011 at 7:59 am

Didn’t boys get vaccinated for that???

Only kidding 😉

• Noelle

October 27, 2011 at 7:06 am

::nods::
    I know exactly how you feel. The moment I gave birth my husband had baby fever. I don’t want Hudson to be an only child but the thought of another csection and months of crying…….bother is right!

• melissa

October 27, 2011 at 6:52 am

I was the same way. I kept putting him off about trying again for a second cause I wasn’t ready yet. Parker just seemed so little still. But then Katie happened to show up! Surprise! Now I’m so glad. But that was what was supposed to happen for us. When I was still in panic mode after we found out I was preggo I had a lady tell me “you may regret NOT having more kids one day, but you will never regret having them.” Now I have no idea if we are done or not. I doubt we are though. I hate being pregnant though, so that’s my dilemma :P. It definitely needs to be something you want cause you’re the one doing the work!

• LA

October 27, 2011 at 5:54 am

Personal opinion everyone should have their second baby first. For me it has been so much easier, so much better the 2nd time around. But you will figure it out. Don’t stress 🙂

1. Katrina @ Hix in the Stix ~ Army Edition

October 27, 2011 at 7:39 pm

LOL – my second baby is a BREEZE!!! He’s so sweet and happy and EASY compared to his big sister. But I love them both so much!

• Kim

October 27, 2011 at 3:40 am

I have baby fever. Art does NOT. He never will. Bother is right. I understand where you’re coming from. Love you.