This year, I want my resolutions for 2012 to be different. More attainable, more natural with how I already live and what I know I can do. Things that nag on me that I want to change.
I refuse to put anything about losing weight. I’m just not going to set myself up for failure.
I also don’t want these to become “I didn’t do it so I failed” because if I don’t get to them this year, there’s always next.
And the behavior ones aren’t ever going to be perfect. So there’s that.
And on those high notes :p
For personal goals, I have these:
- – Live in the moment
- – Become a more patient, attentive mother
- – Be a supportive, godly, less nagging wife
- – To actually hear myself speak – the tone, the words – and to watch what I say
- – Continue to exercise just for me, not for weight
- – To not over-think things to death
- – Learn Spanish
- – Learn how to cook Indian food
- – Stop procrastinating so much (this took me the longest time to write so right there I’m off to a bad start)
- – Work on photography
- – Become stronger as a Christian woman
For blogging/writing goals:
- – Remember that not having a niche is ok
- – To have my heart overflow with excitement and not jealousy at others successes
- – Remind myself that I write for me
- – Be a better reader/commenter on your blogs
- – Use my time on here wisely
- – Continue to pull in some money for us
- – Blog more on my faith
- – Branch out into other areas
- – Be published. Somewhere.
For life in general:
- – Grow something without killing it
- – Replace more of our plastic with reusable things
- – Curb our grocery bill while still eating healthy
- – Pay off our car (so close!)
- – Spend more time together as a couple
- – Find a church home here
- – Keep up the traditions we’ve started as a family
So hopefully I’ll look back on this at the end of next year and feel a surge of joy that I was able to attempt, if not do successfully, most of these. Or at least not feel guilty if I don’t.
That seems like another resolution.
Now, here is the fun part! Grab your goal/resolution post (or go write it and come back) and link it up below so everyone can come read.
After I read all of yours I’m going to want to redo this and add a lot more…