This is what’s coming your way…

December 10, 2011

One of my biggest regrets about blogging is not writing through my pregnancy with Bella. I started one, posted like 2 times and let it go. I was all about The Bump back then. This time around, I’m so excited to be able to track the journey – no matter the outcome.

But, I wanted to show you what last time around looked like. Because everyone says you get bigger, faster with the second. Or most people do. So friends. FAIR WARNING.

Let me preface this by saying I didn’t “feel” this big. But after I got back to normal(ish) I found myself being a little shocked that I got big this fast. Or at least, I felt like I got really big. Or maybe it was just everyone telling me how big I was. Whatever.

20 weeks:

I believe this was right around a kind lady asked if I was having twins. And when assured no, she responded in shock, “Well, you’re just a BIG girl aren’t you?”

::THROAT PUNCH::

24 weeks:

Strangely enough, I look smaller here but I believe it’s simply due to the fabric pattern creating an illusion. This was also my birthday. ๐Ÿ™‚

36 weeks:

I know, I know. This was taken the day before I went into labor with Bella. I was like 36 weeks and 5 days. I had been on bedrest for 5 weeks and was still throwing up. Because of this, I missed my girlfriend Erika’s ย babyย shower, Sam worked crazy hours, and I was stuck inside in the winter all day. Notice the look on my face seeming to say, “Yeah. I’m done.”

And to think. I want to do this all over again…

It was worth it though.

• Teresa

December 12, 2011 at 8:28 am

You pull off the prego look PERFECTLY!!! WTH is wrong with people? You looked great. This time around, BIGGER smiles please ๐Ÿ™‚ xoxo

• Tabetha Smelser

December 12, 2011 at 12:07 am

I’m happy you’re going to be blogging about your pregnancy when you are expecting. I love blogs about baby bellies and all things pregnant. It kind of makes me all misty eyed and hopeful that I’ll be able to get pregnant myself someday. ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, I featured you on a top blogs post over at my blog. http://mylifeloveandpursuitofhappiness.blogspot.com/2011/12/day-12-three-blogs-i-cant-get-enough-of.html

• Katrina @ Hix in the Stix ~ Army Edition

December 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm

It looks to me like you were all belly. I know some people who gain it all over. I know you aren’t happy with your weight but you look great in these pics!!! I had people ask if I was pregnant with twins both times I was pregnant…and no, it wasn’t twins. Either time! But I had big babies (and big placentas!!!). It always amazes me at how rude and crazy people can be with pregnant ladies; it’s like the filter between their brain and their mouth is gone!

I can’t figure out how to get the picture to show up but here is me the night before my son was born (and almost a week before his due date). Hopefully you can see the picture…and it will probably make you feel better about yourself! lol

• Leslie

December 10, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Can’t wait to follow along. I was also pretty sick during my pregnancy (although I don’t think I had it nearly as bad as you!) and I am TERRIFIED to do it all again while trying to take care of a toddler. I’m totally interested in the temperature charting stuff – I tried for like a week and then got frustrated and lazy, so hopefully you’ll be an inspiration!

December 10, 2011 at 10:19 pm

What did you have? I’m always interested to hear what worked (or didn’t) for others.

Btw – I love your blog. ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel like I’m always pretending too.

• Tracy

December 10, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Well, you look lovely pregnant…and I can’t wait to follow along ๐Ÿ™‚

• Samantha

December 10, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Super cute! I’m excited you are blogging your journey through this. Thanks for being so open and honest.

I would have throat punched that lady too. What is wrong with people when it comes to pregnant women?

• Anne-Marie

December 10, 2011 at 3:04 pm

We might be going through all this at around the same time! Also, I’ve seen “pregnant with twins” at 20 weeks and it is way bigger than that. (Pregnant with Twins Friend was induced at 38 weeks two days ago–her belly completely took over! She was so ready to be done; I hope it all went well! I also hope that I never end up pregnant with twins!)

December 10, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I don’t know what I would do with twins. Slip into a mini coma?

Get crackin’ so we can be giant preggers together!! :p

• Stacy

December 10, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I can’t wait to follow you through this adventure!

December 10, 2011 at 10:21 pm

So, so glad you’re here for it with me. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Daneilia

December 10, 2011 at 12:54 pm

You look great in your prego pics! Being pregnant is one of the best feelings in the world. So if you get big but your healthy who cares. It’s all because of something so precious.

December 10, 2011 at 10:22 pm