This Morning = Fail

December 16, 2011

I feel all kinds of ranty this morning. After lifting my recycling bin (huge) over the car (couldn’t find the keys) in the garage trying to get it to the curb in time, then having it drop 5 feet onto the driveway while a kid waiting for the school bus smirked at me, I’m in a foul mood.

Or no, wait, it’s because I had to put the bed sheets on last night since SOMEONE decided to sleep on the couch until they were.

Or maybe it’s because the scent of cat litter wafted through my home at 6am when I got up because I couldn’t sleep any more.

Or the fact that I cook 6 nights a week and still have to do all the dishes after dinner.

Maybe it’s that I have a load of clean dishes in the dishwasher and dirty ones in the sink.

Bella just dropped her waffles on the floor during breakfast. For fun.

I should make a list. A list of all the good things that are happening and that I am so blessed to have in my life.

Maybe I will. After the other list of “Things I Need to Do” is done, I’ll make a nice list.

Until then, I’m off to change some cat litter, wipe up my floor, put the dishes away, tackle the mountain of laundry that is my side of the room, make a Target list, wash diapers, vacuum (Oreck does make that one fun), and find the keys so we don’t have a repeat of “Recycling Car Drop from the Crazy Woman in her Pajamas.”

You know what?

Bella just finished screaming at the kitties about wanting to hug them, and is asking me to play. So that’s what I’m going to do. Everything else can wait.

Maybe not the cat litter. :/ No, that needs to be done. But everything else.

• Janelle

December 16, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I hate a clean dishwasher. Almost more than I hate dirty dishes in the sink. I think you had your priorities in order today!

• Manda

December 16, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Play sounds like the best idea. I had the worst morning on Monday. I almost fell down the basement stairs while carrying sheets down to the laundry. Luckily I was holding on to the handrail with one hand – it saved me from a big fall. Then, I whacked my head on the bunk bed after playing chase and tickle with my toddler. Ugh! Some days really stink. I hope your day got better.

• Jayme

December 16, 2011 at 5:49 pm

That was my day today, right down to the damn cat litter. And me and the girl had a BLAST.

• Daneilia

December 16, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Have fun with Miss Bella today! Just smile every time you get frustrated, you’ll end up laughing like I do and then it’ll all be better haha…

• Not There Yet

December 16, 2011 at 9:32 am

yup – good enough is good enough. Sage advice I received when Oliver was about 6 weeks old.
    Go play with yo baby!!!

• molly

December 16, 2011 at 9:03 am

You make me laugh. That is all.

• Stacy

December 16, 2011 at 8:19 am

That was me yesterday. Today is better, although Erin decided to spit up about 20cc of her breakfast all over herself (bib, sleeper, onesie) and me. Then she smiled at me and giggled as she smushed her hand in the undigested milk and then proceeded to rub it onto my face. At least she was smiling. *hugs* Hope the playtime is fun!

• Mrs. MidAtlantic

December 16, 2011 at 8:16 am

Play is definitely the best idea! When a morning goes awry, make it better by ignoring it for that adorable little girl and her kittens!

December 16, 2011 at 8:12 am

Yes play, that sounds the best to me!

• Denise

December 16, 2011 at 8:03 am

I understand the frustration. But I also agree that sometimes you need to drop everything and play with your child. 🙂 Good for you.

• stephanie

December 16, 2011 at 8:02 am

Sounds about like me, Except, today I just give up. The house will just have to be messy. I can’t do any better than that today.

• Jess

December 16, 2011 at 7:51 am

Hugs my friend. It’s one of those days around here too. xoxo