A Timeline of Toddler Painting

January 30, 2012

The funny thing about Bella painting is that it takes her a while to dive in. She always hesitates, no matter how excited, to stick her hands in and really push all the colors around.

Yes, that’s shaving cream. Adds a whole other textured element to it.

But then of course, one she starts she can’t be stopped. Heaven help the mother who tries.

In fact, why bother with paper at all? Let’s just use the table and go for it.

Or eat it. That’s cool too.

Quite the mess.

Thank goodness she’s adorable. Makes cleaning it up all worth it.

• Detroit Painters

August 3, 2012 at 1:15 am

So cute Baby! And painting is a very favourite activity too. She is looking very busy in this painting and enjoying too. there is so cute expression on her face.

• Jeannie

April 26, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Yes, you can see the hesitancy in the first picture. But wow, once she gets started there is a lot of enthusiasm.

She is really cute through out.

• painters melbourne

February 11, 2012 at 1:57 am

I think kid appropriate colors like pastels or glitter are okay while bright red or dark colors are not but my mom is pretty much against any makeup on a kid.

• Mayfair Mum

January 30, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Just spent the afternoon rediscovering the joy of papier mache with my 3yo – he wanted to build an Octonauts Gup-A (sort of a submarine, for the as yet uninitiated!). Oh the joys of painting flour and water gloop onto strips of tissue paper (to turn the newspaper 3 shades of Gup-A blue). He was loving it but so was I! Totally get where you’re coming from even if I’m not quite brave enough to try poster paints at home just yet…thank goodness for nursery!

• molly

January 30, 2012 at 2:05 pm

How adorable is she? Sometimes messes are necessary to let them be them, ya know?

• Kim

January 30, 2012 at 10:54 am

This made me remember painting with her in October. She was such fun! And glad to see I’m not the only one who let her get paint on her face 🙂

• Kyley Leger

January 30, 2012 at 10:38 am

So adorable and you’re such a brave mama! We haven’t dived into painting yet, just coloring. This gives me some motivation to get that 18 month old painting!

• Elyssa M

January 30, 2012 at 8:54 am

Love this! I’ll have to try the shaving cream! That lat picture is a.dor.able. She has almost the exact same face as you do in your profile picture. 🙂

• Caitlin MidAtlantic

January 30, 2012 at 8:25 am

That last picture… what a look! She is so incredibly cute!

• Noelle

January 30, 2012 at 7:47 am

LOVE! Arts and crafts with kids is so much fun. Great pics too!!

• becca

January 30, 2012 at 7:46 am

She is just the stinkin cutest little thing I’ve ever seen! Such a sweet little face she has!

• Nikki

January 30, 2012 at 7:38 am

She has the *sweetest* little face! And she looks just like you in the last picture – how cute!

• Good Girl Gone Green