11 weeks pregnant with twins {& a belly shot!}

March 7, 2012

Oddly enough, this post has become one of my favorite parts of my blogging lately. I look forward to these each week.

Babies are the size of a…? Fig! Below is that 12 week shot – getting closer!

Photo Credit: BabyCenter.com

How far along? 11 weeks and 3 days. According to the playdate chick I’m 6 months. Still kinda stings.

Maternity clothes? Got some new ones this week! It’s getting hotter here every day, I figure in a few months I’ll just be naked all the time to deal with it.

Kidding. Kind of.

Weight Gain? No idea. My thighs still fit into my old maternity pants – that’s all I can hope for at this point.

Stretch Marks? They’re a’comin.

Sleep? Bella has taken to randomly waking up at all hours of the night crying for different things. I try not to get out of bed and say bad words as a stumble down the hall – but I do.

Movement? YES. 🙂

What I miss? As odd as this is, I miss craving sweet things. Because except for fruit, I don’t.

Food cravings? Grapefruit juice. I finished off a half gallon yesterday. Not kidding. It was ridiculous and I had the worst heartburn that night. I just couldn’t stop.

Food aversions? Meat. Pasta. Anything fried or heavy. Tepid water.

What I’m looking forward to? The next ultrasound. I have to admit, it’s taking a lot for me not to stress about about losing one and not knowing it. Nothing I can do, but oh, it’s tough to take my mind somewhere else.

Milestones? I felt one (or both!) move at some point this past week. Just a tiny thump.

Things I wish people knew: My vagina is not a free for all. I feel a post coming on about this, but it never ceases to amaze me how being pregnant is like being at an OBGYN on the table in the little paper gown 24-7. I’ve had TOTAL STRANGERS ask me if I had infertility treatments (no) and if I plan to have them vaginally. REALLY?!

Favorite Pin of the week:

Source: isme.com via Diana on Pinterest

ISN’T THIS THE CUTEST? Totally impractical and all multiple parents I’ve talked to said side by sides are a waste of money for various reasons, but oh. The cuteness. I die.

Bella’s corner: This is a little reflection on how Bella is dealing with all this. She’s a real trooper, asks if my tummy hurts a lot. We have the babies ultrasound on the fridge and she loves to look at it. She calls them her “inside babies.” We’re going to start potty training at the end of this month.

11 weeks pregnant and a sneaky Bella. Excuse the odd shaped bump, the maternity pants made it look square.

Off to Target to get some grapefruit juice! No. I’m not joking. Also – some more TUMS.

Win/lose.

• stretch marks, pregnancy stretch marks, treatment, review, skinception, bio oil, coco butter, aloe vera

June 18, 2012 at 8:06 pm

It’s hard to find educated people on this topic, however, you seem like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

• stretchmarks, pregnancy stretch marks, treatment, review

June 10, 2012 at 10:07 pm

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the most useful sites online. I’m going to recommend this site!

• Secrets Revealed For Conceiving A Baby Girl | Help Me To Get Pregnant

May 25, 2012 at 5:34 pm

[…] They were seven years apart and as a result weren’t close. Each grew up as pretty much an only child. By the time Jackie reached her teens, her sister had left home and today she has little […]

• Chantel

May 19, 2012 at 5:56 am

You are so cute. I know this is months later, but this post was a great read. I suspect i’m having twins. I’m close to 11 Weeks now and been feeling the baby(s) move for the past 2 days. And I can feel the top of my uterus right below my belly button.then again.this is number 6, so we’ll see. Congrats!

• Charlene

March 11, 2012 at 10:24 am

You look fantastic. Congratulations on feeling the babies move, that’s always so exciting!
    That stroller is so cute, I have to agree with the other moms though, side by sides are a pain. I haven’t had twins, but I have taken care of young children who are very close in age, and the ones that sit in front of on another are much easier to use.
    I just discovered your blog and look forward to reading more on it.

• Suz

March 9, 2012 at 10:04 am

So cute! I’ve been using the CVS brand of Tums & the berry flavor ones are *almost* like candy.

Please don’t let losing one stress you out. As I know, there’s nothing you can do etiher way, so stressing doesn’t do anything but make you upset. Just be happy that there’s two thumping babes in there!!

• Tracy @Liberating Working Moms

March 7, 2012 at 10:12 pm

When I was pregnant I was all about orange juice and anything lemon. Oh the heartburn. But I’d do it anyway. And the sweets. I stopped eating chocolate when I was pregnant. That’s how my office ladies knew I was pregnant before I told anyone. AND have I told you that you are the third person I know pregnant with twins right now? AND none of you used fertility treatment. So take that prying peoples 😉

Love you and love these posts. I look forward to them too!

PS: Comment Luv isn’t working for my most recent posts 🙁

• Maggie S.

March 7, 2012 at 2:19 pm

I have to take up for the side by side. When you are trying to get in the door of a store, Your arm is not long enough to hold the door open and steer the stroller. I had an umbrella side by side, and went everywhere. I took the single file out one time, and never again.

• Teresa

March 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Oh how I hate the comments at the end of each pregnancy, when people would snicker and ask me “Are you sure you aren’t having twins?” I was like, “uh. yeah?” Your bump is the same size as mine and I am 17 weeks, so you are looking awesome and normal. Don’t other moms remember how sensitive we are as pregos?! Anyway, I finally did my own update too, with a video of the heartbeat!

• Kristin

March 7, 2012 at 10:17 am

People really will say anything to you when you are pregnant, won’t they!? My husband and I had this same conversation last night. I just don’t understand! I am 31 weeks, and the people he works with are apparently already taking bets on me getting an epidural, just because he casually mentioned that I have been researching natural childbirth.
    I guess we have to learn to let these things go. (but really!? sheesh!) You look great! And twins! **squee**

• Kendra

March 7, 2012 at 10:11 am

You look great! I love Bella’s face in that picture. You are seriously making me want to be pregnant again!

• Anne-Marie

March 7, 2012 at 10:05 am

I am also missing craving sweet things! Suddenly, I want to eat all fruit that exists, but I no longer want ice cream. Me?! Not want ice cream or coffee?! Is pregnancy like getting a lobotomy? Because I think that’s what happened.

• Emily

March 7, 2012 at 9:58 am

First time to comment. I love reading the blog and can relate on so many levels. One thing on the side by side stroller…I have a BOB Dualie (2011 edition) and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have used that piece of equipment more than all of the rest of the baby gear combined–outside of car seats ya know. Two little ones buckled in the seats and my big girl sitting on the front (not technically a seat but gets the job done). It’s the width of a standard wheel chair so it always fits through all doors & isle ways at stores & public venues. It costs a pretty penny but work it’s weight in gold. Plus it’s perfect for running or walking so you can get back to your pre-babe weight and have great mental health WHILE being with your kids. Just my two cents.

• melissa

March 7, 2012 at 9:51 am

Also, for the record. I have a side by side jogger and a joovy ergo caboose. I definitely live by the side by side. Love it! It feels more like a stroller and less like a cruise ship. 🙂

• Stacy

March 7, 2012 at 9:01 am

I love the updates, you look great. And that stroller is absolutely too cute 🙂

• Leslie

March 7, 2012 at 8:57 am

Love these updates! And that lady from your playgroup is insane – you look great! Although, my almost-10-weeks pregnant self got all excited to wear maternity clothes because I remembered you were doing it…until I remembered you are having twins, and I, alas, am not! Oh well, stretchy pants for a few more weeks I guess!

• Meredith

March 7, 2012 at 8:36 am

You took great, tell the playdate mom to mind her business. Also, I second the tums smoothies, waaaay easier to stomach than the regular. Good luck!

• melissa

March 7, 2012 at 8:25 am

So cute!!!!! And while your belly is a perfect twin bump, the rest of you is teenie tiny! So that mom can chew on a stink bug.

• Kristen

March 7, 2012 at 7:53 am

First – love the updates. Second – you DO NOT look 6 months Prego. Third – I loved our side by side. All my twin mom friends had them. We did the. Ombi twin sport. It folds small, is light weight, and small enough to go through all doors. Federal regs say doors have to be wide enough for a wheel chair, and so the combi is a touch smaller than the wheel chair – awesomeness. My kids used it everywhere until they were almost 3. It has cup holders for snacks, etc. the duo glider just moves like a bus when you get 30 or more lbs of baby in there. Also… Find a MOM club. (mothers of multiples) join. They often have spring/ fall yard sales where you can get 2 items 🙂 big bonus. Good luck. I remember worrying about vanishing twin – but I really think you are past that point. remember – I’m around.

• Sarah

March 7, 2012 at 7:37 am

First of all, you look great. Do not listen to that catty woman at the play date. You DO NOT look 6 months pregnant (she’s crazy). I think it’s cool that you include a little info on how Bella is handling it. And that is so cute that she is concerned about your belly hurting!

• Caitlin MidAtlantic

March 7, 2012 at 7:28 am

I love the little update on Bella and her reaction to it all! She is so sweet to ask about your tummy, and love her “inside babies!” Two year olds have the best insight on the world. We should listen to them more often!

• Noelle

March 7, 2012 at 7:24 am

Gorgeous mama! Love that bump.

• MomEinstein

March 7, 2012 at 6:53 am

Yeah you totally don’t look 6 months pregnant. Whatabitch.

I can’t believe you’re feeling movement already! (I mean, I DO believe you, it’s just really cool!) I love feeling those teeny tiny little taps from the inside. I always picture it like someone tapping on a microphone to say. “Is this thing on?” Hahahaha.

• Theresa

March 7, 2012 at 6:38 am

Oh my word. If someone looked like that at 6 months I’d wonder I’d something is wrong with the baby. You look great!!!

• Kim

March 7, 2012 at 6:37 am

Loving these updates, too! Once i announce my pregnancy on my blog i want to do something like them. Also, loving the fact that our due dates are 3 days apart! 😀

That stroller is to die for.

And TUMS? We’re BFF’s.

• Jennifer @ Also Known As the Wife

March 7, 2012 at 6:37 am

Yay for a belly shot!!

Get the Tums Smoothies…they’re way better than the regular Tums.

And can I say how jealous I am you have that giant bathtub?? I wish I had that when I was pregnant.

And I will totally throat punch that bitch who said you looked 6 months pregnant, but you already know this.

• story

March 7, 2012 at 6:34 am

You are adorable. Absolutely adorable.