I might regret posting this…

March 15, 2012

but this morning I let Sam take his body tape measure he has for the Army fitness stuff…

and measure me.

All the way around.Β

But the funny part is?

I don’t even care. I don’t. Right now, it is kinda funny. Like, “How big will Diana get because she has two?” Remind me of this laughter after they are born. K?

And knowing that I’m gaining enough weight to get big fast and make those babies big fast in case they come early – that’s enough for me. It’s a goal. Eat, eat, eat. (Thanks Twins, Triplets, and QuadsΒ <–not a paid link)

And I do. I really do.

Oh, you were wondering what I measured?

That’s awfully nosy.

Well, here it is. At 12 weeks, 4 days, when so many women I know are just starting to show and say, “Oh my goodness, my pants just barely fit anymore!”, I can no longer wear pants that don’t have elastic and I measure in at…

40 inches around.

Which on my frame – is a lot.

BOOM. Keepin’ it big over here. Also – my uterus is nearly halfway to my belly button. Maybe more. Crazy.

12 weeks 2 days pregnant with twins in this pic.

I’ll be adding this to my weekly check ins so we can all keep up. Can you IMAGINE by the end of this what I will measure?

Me either.

Remember, if you can’t say something nice to the hormonal pregnant lady… πŸ˜‰

• Meg

March 19, 2012 at 9:46 am

You look beautiful! Having babies is such a blessing! Pregnancy is a challenge but the sweet little people that run you ragged are oh so worth it. Hang in there!

• Elizabeth

March 18, 2012 at 10:42 am

you look gorgeous!!

• Daneilia

March 16, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Love it Mama! Keep it up, those babies are going to be healthy and beautiful. I can’t wait to see what BO and GO are going to look like πŸ™‚

• Anne-Marie

March 16, 2012 at 10:41 am

You are totally adorable. Look at it this way–you skipped the “is she fat or pregnant?” phase! You went right to “aww look at the cute pregnant lady!”

Also, I have no idea why my *bust* is expanding faster than your waistline. And it hurts. I was happy with my D cup before, but the bra I am wearing now that I bought yesterday at a store for *nursing* mothers in NYC? 32FF. TWO Fs! Also, did I mention it hurts? And that I’m only 7 weeks, 4 days? I don’t look pregnant, I just look like I’m going to topple over. And it’s hard to feel sexy when it’s a constant ache + raw nipples. What is this kid doing to me?! (If it weren’t for the pain, I’d think this was funny, probably. I still think it’s a little funny. My husband: “Those are not your breasts.”)

• Alaina Frederick

March 16, 2012 at 9:17 am

And if this were me and my husband he would have started singing (totally off tune) “I like big butts and I can not lie…” Then there would be the whole giving him The Look and him saying I meant to say “big baby bellies” and then another The Look and him saying “I’m shutting up now.”

Every pregnancy is so different. I’m 28 weeks and I’m still wearing my regular pants and it’s just odd. I’m carrying SUPER high so instead of a nice round belly like you have — which is totally cute and can’t wait to see it grow with two healthy beautiful babies inside – I have a fun and totally awesome muffin top!

• Tammi

March 16, 2012 at 7:44 am

Pregnancy definitely looks good on you, Diana!! Beautiful!! πŸ™‚

• Amber

March 15, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Congrats on the twins! I’m a few days further along than you with my second and I’m still in the muffin top phase. I can’t wait until I start looking pregnant.

• Teresa

March 15, 2012 at 4:05 pm

You look beautiful! My bump is abt the same size. Getting a tape measure out is a great idea!

• Kristen

March 15, 2012 at 4:03 pm

That’s right. Eat. Eat. Eat. I went to 33 wks 1 day and both of
    My babies were almost 5lbs. Which is great weights for 33wkers. You are doing great.

• Kendra

March 15, 2012 at 3:38 pm

You are brave!! I did that with one and it was scary. Everyone is right, you look great!

• Stacy

March 15, 2012 at 3:17 pm

You look great Diana, I hope I look as cute as you when I’m pregnant πŸ™‚

• Lisa

March 15, 2012 at 3:14 pm

You look fabulous!! πŸ™‚

• melissa

March 15, 2012 at 2:57 pm

You are so cute. I would not guess you had two in there! And I mean it. Truely. Cute pregnant belly on a little mama!!!

• Jenny E.

March 15, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I have a pic of me from 12 wks also when I was pregnant and my belly was the *same* size as yours! … with only one baby! I just looked b/c the album was sitting in front of me πŸ˜‰ At least be glad you can tell people ‘yes, I’m having twins!’ when they rudely ask if you are based on your size/due date, etc. I got that question ALLTHEFREAKINTIME and I was about thisclose to telling people ‘yes’ just so I didn’t have to see their mouths drop anymore. From 6 months on people kept aking if I was going to pop anyday. Not good for the hormonal pregnant brain. So…. keep feeding those babies and keep glowing… you look awesome!

• Kate

March 15, 2012 at 2:27 pm

You’re not just having twins it’s also a second pregnancy and most people get bigger much faster the second (and subsequent) time. (Oh and I concur with all of the other ladies that you look great πŸ™‚

March 15, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I think you look beautiful!

• Stacy

March 15, 2012 at 2:14 pm

You’re a beautiful pregnant mommy, and you will be beautiful afterwards too. I hope you can get mentally prepared for that. If you need reminders, I’ll provide them!

• Noelle

March 15, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Grow babies grow! You’re looking fabulous!

• molly

March 15, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Well, I think you look great. Grow, babies, GROW!

• Good Girl Gone Green

March 15, 2012 at 1:49 pm

You look beautiful!!!

• Caitlin MidAtlantic

March 15, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Love it! Now I kinda wish I’d done measurements with Laura and this one… I also more than kinda wish people would stop choking on their laughter when I say “due in May.” I’m not that huge! Baby boy is just riding REALLY high!

• Julia

March 15, 2012 at 1:33 pm

With my first child, during the first tri I gained 15 lbs. Note to self, costco muffins are instant weight gain aids.
    I don’t know if I’ve commented here before, but I follow you on twitter and am stoked for your twinsies! You look gorgeous!

• Tonya

March 15, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Omg I only have one in my belly – but dang I feel like I’m starting to get big too. You’re going to be beautiful and those babies will be big and healthy πŸ™‚

• Amber

March 15, 2012 at 1:31 pm

You are ADORABLE.

That is all.

• Jennifer @ Also Known As the Wife

March 15, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Go on with your big belly!

Have you gotten in that tub yet? πŸ˜‰