17 weeks pregnant with twin…

April 16, 2012

Ready?

πŸ™‚

We are having…

twin…

BOYS!!!

OMG!

OMG!

OMG!

WE ARE OVER THE FREAKING MOON.

I reallyΒ wanted a boy. At least one. But this is even more special because my grandpa was a twin (not identical but still) and so it reminds me of him and the bond he and his brother shared.

I will have two little boys. Sam is thrilled. He’s already talking about what he wants to do with them as they get older – fishing, football. AW. <3 Bella doesn’t understand boys but she does get that there are “two babies moving” and was in awe the entire ultrasound. Especially the heartbeat part.

The whole story (and if they are identical or fraternal) will come later today on Babble. I have to get a nap because I was up all night and this took 3 hours from getting to the clinic to coming home. But they are healthy, they are measuring on track, everything is ok. I have an other u/s in two weeks and now every 2 weeks till the end.

I’m having twin BOYS!!!! Go ahead, who among you all called this one? πŸ˜‰

• Erica

April 17, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Congratulations! I’m a mom of TWIN boys! and a 3 year old boy. Love, love, love my boys!
    My boys never had one drop of formula! You can do it!
    Just found your blog and was reading about the FTT diagnosis. Having BF twins is like your own little science experiment because they eat the Exact same thing yet one is 5% and the other is 60%. Good luck to you!
    Thanks for the WHO chart

• Perfectly Imperfect

April 17, 2012 at 4:47 pm

That is awesome!!!!! I always wanted twin boys growing up. So much fun!!!

• JodiMock

April 17, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Congrats! Just found you via-Charlie Banana… we were just blessed with ID twin boys three months ago…. a complete surprise at a 17 wk ultrasound! πŸ™‚ They are incredible. I love my other three, but twins, they are absolutely AMAZING… you will LOVE it! (and love cloth diapering too. πŸ™‚

• SKelly

April 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys and this just makes me even more excited to find out about mine. I’m 15 weeks with, most likely fraternal, twins and have a three year old at home. I am so happy to have found your space through Babble and can share in your journey.

• MomEinstein

April 17, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Congratulations! I’m so happy & excited for you and your BOYS!

• abenton

April 17, 2012 at 10:17 am

Congrats!!! I love reading your blog. You are a little over a week ahead of me in your journey. My doctor is going to try and gender my twins tomorrow! I’m so excited!!!! My 5 yr old daughter is also excited to see “her” babies!!!

• t.bird

April 17, 2012 at 9:27 am

congrats!

• Maggie S.

April 17, 2012 at 9:11 am

Congratulations!!!

• Meredith

April 17, 2012 at 7:40 am

Congratulations! Wonderful that you will get to experience being a mama to both a girl and boys, I’m so happy for your family, and as a mom of awesome little boys have to say that they are wonderful!

• Rachel @ The House of Burks

April 17, 2012 at 7:02 am

Congratulations! Little boys are amazing. And I can only imagine the hijinx that identical twin boys will get up to as they get older!!

• Misty Pratt

April 17, 2012 at 6:57 am

That’s so amazing Diana, congrats!! I love reading all about this amazing journey you’re taking. We don’t have our ultrasound until 18 weeks (I’m 14 now), but we will also find out the gender. I’m secretly hoping for a little boy, but of course, I would be more than happy for my daughter to have a sister πŸ™‚

• Elizabeth

April 16, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Hi Diana, I just want to say congratulations to you and your family. Twins are fun ,ALOT of work but a very interesting experience. I found out I was pregnant with twins when my son was just 1 yrs. old! 3 babies under 2, yikes at the height of it I believe I was changing approx. 150 per week. Oh Yah and I breast fed them for 6 months. They were born premature so I had to pump my milk, for many reasons when they came home I continued to pump my milk and then bottle feed them, that’s what worked for me and my family. My question to you is as a mother of faternal twins when speaking to mothers of identical twins once I say my twins are fraternal I feel as though if your twins are not identical it’s not the same? I don’t know if it’s me but there seems to be this weird vibe I get like it’s not the same?! I noticed in your article you said your grandfather was a twin (not identical but still) I was just curious what that meant? I really do love your blog and your honesty and thought if you or any readers had any thoughts or experiences on this. Thanks!

April 17, 2012 at 6:26 am

Oh wow! That’s quite a journey! And a LOT of diapers lol!

I’m sure all twins have a similar bond, and some fraternal are stronger than identical and vice versa – just like some regular siblings attach to other siblings more. I just meant my grandpa was not an identical twin and mine are – for anyone who hadn’t read my post earlier and might have wondered what kind he was.

πŸ™‚

1. Elizabeth

April 17, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Well said! Thanks for the reply, your going to be a great twin mom.

• story

April 16, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Aww, yay! Congrats!

• Amy

April 16, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Two boys! How wonderful Diana! I’m so excited for you! Bella will love being the big sister! Kisses to you and your sweet family!

• Julie

April 16, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Fantastic news! Found your blog via PW’s blog. Hubs and I are TTC and I have loved reading about your experiences. Best wishes as you continue through this wondrous adventure!

• alexis

April 16, 2012 at 5:57 pm

yayay boys!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!

• Susannah

April 16, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Yay yay yay! Boys are so sweet to their momma’s! Girls too! I have one of each and they’re both special in their own way! Congrats!

• Angie

April 16, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Yay!! Congratulations!!

• Tracy @Liberating Working Moms

April 16, 2012 at 5:11 pm

For the public record…I was soooooo right! Called it weeks ago! And another SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for you!!!

• Teresa

April 16, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I thought boy and girl, but this is so awesome! I’m pregnant with my second boy and thrilled. Boys are very special.

• Elisabeth

April 16, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Congrats! So exciting!

• Anne-Marie

April 16, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Hooray! Boys with big sisters grow up to be men more sensitive to gender inequality, by the way. Good job! πŸ˜‰

• Abigail

April 16, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Oh yay! Twins boys will be so much fun. So excited for you.

• cathy

April 16, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I totally should have followed through and put money on it! that’s so exciting, i’m totally thrilled to have more nephews!!

• Cate

April 16, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Wooooo! I am SOOOO excited for you! Being a mom to a little girl AND a little boy has already been wonderful for me (and little boy is only 2 months old!) Twin boys? Ahhh!

• Suz

April 16, 2012 at 2:35 pm

WOOHOO! Yay boys!

• Kelli

April 16, 2012 at 2:22 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

I was secretly hoping for 2 boys for you. Twin boys are so much fun. Not that any other combo wouldn’t be just as fun, I’m just a little partial. πŸ˜‰

Can’t wait to read more on Babble!!!!

• melissa

April 16, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Well, from the one ultrasound pic you posted we knew there was at least ONE boy in there!! πŸ˜› Again, so stinking excited! You are going to LOVE this whole new boy world! <3

• Caitlin MidAtlantic

April 16, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Boy, oh boy!! I’m so excited for you!!!

• Katrina @ Hix in the Stix – Army Edition

April 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I was hoping that you’d get at least one boy…and I was kind of thinking (after the last ultrasound) that you’d have two of the same. So I was hoping for boys for you! lol
    Congrats again πŸ™‚ SO exciting!!!

• Stacy

April 16, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Squeeeeeeee!!!! How fun and cute! We’re so excited for you! <3 Bella is going to be a great big sister, just like her Mommy is πŸ™‚ Love love love love and hugs!

• Kendra

April 16, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Oh Boy(s)!!!! Congratulations on two healthy babies! I’m partial to boys and my Grandfather is also a twin. You are right about that bond, him and his brother are thick as thieves! πŸ˜‰ So happy for you and your family.

• Desi

April 16, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Congratulations Diana! Such exciting news. I”m so happy for you and your family πŸ™‚

• AP

April 16, 2012 at 2:01 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Congratulations!!! I’m, of course, partial to Team Blue and am over the moon excited for you!!! Eeeeeeek!! TWO WEENIES!!!!!! πŸ˜‰ XO!

• Jessica @ The Happy Monster

April 16, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Aww! Yay! Boys are wonderful! I’m glad everything is going well and I hope things continue to stay well and you and babies are healthy!!!

• Jenny

April 16, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Yay for boys!! Being a boy mom is so special, well either way it is, but I’m a little biased! πŸ˜‰

• Brenda @Triple Braided

April 16, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Wow!! Congrats!! That is wonderful!!

• Noelle

April 16, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Yay! I love love LOVE being a boy mom and so will you- times two.

Yay boys!!!

• Stephanie Precourt

April 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Congrats! I’m a big fan of boys πŸ™‚

Steph

• Tammi

April 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm

YAY!!! Congrats!! πŸ™‚

• Lynda

April 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Congratulations! This is so awesome.

• stephanie

April 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I WAS RIGHT!!!! Boys are so much fun!!!!

• Misty @ The Family Math

April 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Yay! Boys are SO much fun!

And I was totally, completely wrong because I guessed girls. πŸ™‚

• Alyssa

April 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm

So freaking awesome!!!!!!!! I’m so happy for you. I can’t wait to read more on babble.

Ps. I called it πŸ™‚

• Jennifer @ Also Known As the Wife

April 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm

AHHHHH!!! BOYS!!!!

I thought Bo & Go were going to be a boy & a girl. This is awesome!!!!