Well, it’s not as bad as I thought.

June 18, 2012

Yesterday I chose a weight loss plan for the weight pre-twins and post twins and heck, probably some from Bella – but also some from crockpot beef stroganoff.

Which I had last night.

Now, when I asked about this last week, a few of you mentioned that my emotional and spiritual state about my body were just as (if not more) important to focus on than just losing pounds. I agree – but for me, that doesn’t come until I have a plan that makes me take a look at what I’m eating, get some control of it, and focus on the positive side of cooking healthier. In that comes my mental balance.

Also, I would like to fit into all my clothes again soon. Not just the “we are still in your closet for these porky moments” clothes.

So I started with My Fitness Pal (I’m lifeasaSAHM) because SO many of you recommended it. Yesterday I registered the app, and had to guess my weight because it was like 5pm and there was no way I was going to hop on a scale after 2 meals. So I guessed 180. At 5’6″.

*sigh*

But – happily – this morning I was 168. 167.8 to be exact but I rounded up so next Monday I’ll have at least 2 ounces off if nothing else. πŸ™‚

It’s not a great weight. It’s not a weight I’m comfortable with. My goal is to lose 24lbs. By… I have no idea. Maybe 10 by the end of August? I think that’s pretty doable. I usually lose 15 in 3 months with Weight Watchers.Β I’ll be doing yoga and walking for now. 30 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week.

Also, each Monday there will be a link up on here for anyone who wants to blog about getting healthy – whatever that means to you. I’ll try to remember to put out a reminder on Facebook each Sunday about it.

I’m kinda excited about this! Yay for something to look forward to this summer!

• Meg

June 18, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Live Happy, Live Healthy, and Good Luck! From one myfitnesspal (Mgroom85) to another! πŸ™‚

• Katy P

June 18, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I would LOVE to go through this journey with you. I had a sweet baby boy 7 months ago and am still struggling with PPD. It’s hard to even get out of bed some mornings but my Bible reading and quiet time has really helped. I signed up for The Color Run in St. Louis in August so I’m 5K bound … I’d love to have a friend to get in shape with.

1. Katy P

June 18, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Should have said that my name on there is katyparish and I”m on twitter as @idresstothrill

Add me and I’d love to encourage each other!

• Stacey B

June 18, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I am at the same weight and height ~ we can do this!!! You can find me on My Fitness Pal at slburke95!

• Sarah

June 18, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Good luck! I’m taking one more week to decompress from school, then I’m going to hit it hard next week…will have to check out MFP! All these rave reviews and success stories have got me wondering:)

I need a plan too and haven’t had a moment to myself to make one yet. YAY SUMMER!!

• Lauren

June 18, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I love MFP! I found it a few months ago, and had a great May with it, but June has not been as good for me.

I’ve added a lot of you who provided usernames, I would love to have accountability in this journey. My username is Laurenbattershell

• Deborah

June 18, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I have gained some weight back recently and I have been saying that I need to do something about it, this is the motivation I needed! I created an doing and added a lot of you, my user name is Homewithmax

• Katie McAleece

June 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Awesome! Even taking the first step and getting started on this is amazing. You should be so proud of yourself. YOU CAN DO THIS!

• Lisa

June 18, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I love the site!

• Tracy @ Liberating Working Moms

June 18, 2012 at 11:25 am

I’m wa_tracy on MFP. Obviously πŸ˜‰

• jennifermehl

June 18, 2012 at 11:15 am

I’m on Fitness Pal too – would be awesome to have some friends along the journey – I’ve added a lot of you who provided usernames – mine is jennifermehl

Thanks!!

• Alisha

June 18, 2012 at 10:56 am

cool. I’m glad you are doing this. I did the McFatty Monday thing for a while and even though my weight yo-yo’d I still lost. Cause people encouraging you is awesome! and mentally pushes you to do more. count me in!

• Veronica

June 18, 2012 at 10:36 am

Oh my goodness! I used MFP for a couple months and DELETED THE APP because I always forgot to log in my meals!! You women are rock stars! I am going to put it back on my phone and friend ALL OF YOU! πŸ™‚ you guys can help keep me honest πŸ™‚

1. Veronica

June 18, 2012 at 10:49 am

Okay I’m back on MFP lol. Please find me at JooCee123 and help me be accountable!

June 18, 2012 at 10:31 am

I gained all my weight (40+ lbs) during fertility treatments. Only gained 2lbs during pregnancy, on doctor’s advice. I have way, way more to lose than you do as your starting weight is my goal weight πŸ™‚ Not ready to publicly post where I am at yet but you have me motivated to get started.

• Erika

June 18, 2012 at 10:29 am

I love all the inspiration from you gals! I don’t have any pals on my fitness pal. would love some! to get me back on track! I’m 5 foot 4, and need to lose around 30 lbs.
    spellbindme on MFP
    thank you!

• Heather

June 18, 2012 at 10:08 am

A bad weight? I am 5’5″ and when I made it to 160 I had a party. I’m pregant now, so there is no way I’m saying what I weigh, but once this baby is born, I would LOVE to be 168. Anything after that would be a bonus. Give yourself a break. πŸ™‚

June 18, 2012 at 10:17 am

I understand. But for me, for my self esteem and to help deal with the aftermath of the pregnancy loss, I need to do this. Simply for myself. I’m not completely unhappy with my weight – but I personally want it to be less.

1. Cindy

June 18, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Just be careful. After a pregnancy loss at 12 weeks last year, I threw myself into running out of some misplaced guilt that maybe my weight was the reason for my loss. Trying to run with my weight being at 167 for 5’3″, I tore a ligament in my knee that was excruciatingly painful and took 2 months before I could function halfway normally. Trying to bury my grief with excessive fitness resulted in physical pain. Hugs to you, Diana. Good luck and stay safe. πŸ™‚

• Joan

June 18, 2012 at 10:08 am

Just signed up for My Fitness Pal! I think I’m going to love it! Thanks to you all for the link. Want to be friends on it my username is boostersgirl

June 18, 2012 at 10:21 am

I’ll find you! I’m @lifeasaSAHM

• stephanie

June 18, 2012 at 10:04 am

Jessi told me about myfitnesspal and when I had an ipod I used it and really liked it. She also introduced me to sparkpeople.com which I have really liked. I’m working at it each day and just try to remain focused. I am blogging about everything too. Just ignore the pie recipe I posted today πŸ˜‰

1. Jessi J.

June 18, 2012 at 10:28 am

Yea, that should be illegal BUT it’s okay to have a cheat meal once in a while. Not a cheat day, but a cheat meal. And that looks like the perfect little cheat snack haha.

• Noelle

June 18, 2012 at 9:59 am

My Fitness Pal works great. I still have about 14 lbs to go to get to pre pregnancy weight. Considering he will be two next month I think I should join your link up. πŸ™‚

• nadja

June 18, 2012 at 9:58 am

I started at that point too. 5’6 165lbs. With MyFitnessPal and a cheap elliptical I got down to 135 in 3.5 months.

It’s fun connecting with others on there. I’m NadjaBrocus on there.

• Jennifer @ Also Known As the Wife

June 18, 2012 at 9:56 am

I don’t think that weight is terrible at all. You can totally do this! Twitter/Facebook/blogging has kept me so much more accountable for my exercise routine than I ever thought possible.

• Joan

June 18, 2012 at 9:52 am

OH the 216 was start weight. 209 today!!! Yeh for me! πŸ™‚

June 18, 2012 at 10:22 am

That is AMAZING! 7lbs is a huge difference! Congrats!

• Joan

June 18, 2012 at 9:51 am

I just had a good look in a full length mirror two weeks ago! Yikes!! So at 216# and 5’3″ I said “this shit ain’t right!” and embarked on a diet. I have to date lost 7 pounds and doing it by giving up soda, smaller portions and watching what I eat. I also have started to walk a mile about 3-4 times a week. I WILL do this!!!! Good luck to all of you.

• Jamie

June 18, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love, love, love MFP! What is your username? I would love to “friend” you on there to support you.

1. Jamie

June 18, 2012 at 10:01 am

Also, my MFP username is jmaddox35.

June 18, 2012 at 10:20 am

I’m lifeasaSAHM!

1. Jamie

June 18, 2012 at 10:29 am

Ha ha! I should have guessed!!

• Miranda

June 18, 2012 at 9:45 am

You can do this!!!! :). We don’t have a weigh scale so I weighed myself at the inlaws yesterday. I’ve had about two solid months of bike riding under my belt and I haven’t really changed my eating habits and ive lost about 7 lbs! Now that’s motivation to kick my butt in gear! Cheering you on :).

• Meg Spilman

June 18, 2012 at 9:25 am

I too was about 160 post baby. By using My Fitness Pal and doing Turbo Kickboxing 4x/week I’ve lost 30 pounds! It’s well worth all the hard work when you can fit in clothes you haven’t worn in years! Good luck and keep us posted!

• Jessi J.

June 18, 2012 at 9:10 am

That’s not a bad weight at all! How tall are you? I am 5 ft 1 and was 154 when I started my weight loss journey. 154 isn’t bad on taller people but I was not looking great at all. No where for it to go but out :D. But Myfitnesspal has been a life saver! It took me 5 months but I lost 30 pounds, 7 dress sizes, and 18 inches. It takes work and dedication but I promise you, you will feel energy and highs like you never have before. Add me on there, I’m zookeeperjess. I’m coming up on logging in for 1 whole year straight. I LOVE MFP!

June 18, 2012 at 10:20 am

I watched you do this via Instagram and was amazed. It was inspiring – especially having 4 kids and all the ups and downs you do! <3