As you can tell, I love my crockpot so much that I use it 4-5 times a week. And it’s amazing because it buys me hours of time that I’d be spending at the stove, slaving away…
Also – it’s super hot here and it’s nice to have a home cooked meal that doesn’t heat the entire house to feel like the bowels of hell.
This is one of Sam’s favorite dishes. I like making it because usually I have everything on hand except the beef and peppers – so it’s pretty cheap to buy. Then I double it and freeze for another meal.
Please to enjoy:
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 sliced white onion
- 2 large green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 red and/or yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Place meat in bottom of crockpot.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved*. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and garlic.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
* For a thicker sauce, add 1 tsp cornstarch to small amount of water, mix, and pour.
Serve hot with rice or egg noodles.