I’ve been in the hospital so often during these past 3 pregnancies that I don’t even think about what I’m wearing anymore. I just know it’ll probably be a gown that is ugly, scratchy, shows off parts of me I’d rather no one see, and that I get tangled up in each time I try to get in and out of it.
Nicole from Mommy Moxie
designs these gorgeous, custom labor and delivery gowns that are perfect to put in your hospital bag – among other things like custom onesies and nursing covers (see below). I was able to pick my own fabric from a huge variety of choices. I love mine
because it’s the same colors as our son’s yet to be designed nursery. 🙂 When we move – and with grey elephants. But same coloring!
It totally looks like I’m smuggling a watermelon underneath there. A really round watermelon. Thank goodness the bump looks so cute in this. Nicole custom makes everything in her shop, so be sure to ask about fabric choices and sizing.
The sides easily unsnap for skin to skin contact with your baby and breastfeeding. I like that it’s warm enough for the super cold hospital rooms, and also to cover up baby with. The back also unsnaps for your checks, epidural, and to easily take on and off.
FAQs from her shop:
- Doctor/Midwife/NP/ Anesthesiologist/Nurse approved
- Instead of just one layer of 100% cotton fabric, there are two for extra modesty.
- There is only one inner exposed seam for those moms out there with sensitive/itchy skin and all inner seams are professionally serged for extra stability.
- Also for those sensitive skinned moms, the snaps are not metal but a poly resin (heavy duty plastic) to prevent allergic reactions.
- Our gowns also snap down the entire back and provide ample fabric coverage to ensure you’re not showing the rest of the world what’s underneath your gown! Every anesthesiologist we’ve worked with over the past two years has loved how easy it is to administer an epidural in these gowns.
Looking for something else? Nicole offers a variety of items from her newly listed nursing covers, to custom changing table pads, burp cloths,
and my personal favorite:
A matching skirt
for the big sister to be! Bella refused to take this off yesterday – but we made her after she asked to eat watermelon in it. This comes in your fabric choice, including one that matches a labor and delivery gown. Perfect for you or for a baby shower gift! We’ll be doing family pictures in this when she comes to meet her new brother.
I love this gown; from the comfort, the eye catching designs, and all the specific designs to make a big day so much easier. You can save 15% off your order now till August 16th by using the code BABYSTONE
One of you is going to win your own custom gown or a $70 credit to the Mommy Moxie shop! Enter below with Rafflecopter and good luck!
Yes Canada – you can enter! Woot!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway