I’m playing around with Amazon’s affiliate program to see what I think, so some of these will be affiliate links. It pays me a small percent from anything purchased. Thanks!
Today I ordered Kaden’s birth certificate.
It’s taken me nearly 5 months to do that. I suppose the hospitals give you one usually. If you leave and your baby is still alive. I don’t remember anymore.
I had to do this for Preston and Julian too. The funeral home gives us the death, we have to order the birth. Even though I’m just sitting here typing words into the site, it’s like someone is taking a hammer to my heart and screaming, “MAKE IT STOP HE SHOULD BE HERE.”
Instead I get to order them so we can get his life insurance. Isn’t that nice? We get more money because another child of ours died.
We just stuck the twin’s money in savings after making a few donations. Neither Sam or I had any idea what to do with it, but it ended up helping us tremendously in Dallas for Kaden.
I feel angry just thinking about how messed up that all is.
Maybe we’ll use some of it to take Bella on a trip this year.
Besides that heavy part, we’ve had a very quiet weekend here. Sam grilled up burgers last night and we sat around the fire pit and watched the Christmas tree go up in flames. It was so dry that a spark blew the branches into a ball of fury. No wonder these things burn homes down. We didn’t even have to use anything to start the fire but a match tossed in from a few feet back.
Bella is supposed to be napping now but I hear her playing in her room. Sam is heading to the gym. I’m working and answering emails.
Last night I planned out what book we’re going to “row” (our curriculum is Five in a Row Volume 1) this week and the activities. We’re reading Lentil, it looks like a cute book that Bella will love about a little boy and his harmonica. I ordered her a harmonica and a science experiment book for lessons that go with the theme.
She’s been really into playing doctor lately because of DocMcStuffins. I had the pic below on Instagram and she’d told me the Pterodactyl was running a fever and need to “go to bed without any friends”.
Aren’t these darling? They are teeny tiny expresso mugs from Starbucks that I picked up for us the other day. We pretend we are awesome and hipster while we drink out of them. Really we’re playing monopoly on the Playstation while repeatedly telling Bella she needs to go back to bed and letting the dog out to poop.
Hoping you’re all having a good weekend. Here are some of my and my favorite writings from around the web:
- The Myth of Parenting After Losing a Child – There’s a myth that floats around about parenting after losing a child if you have one (or more) still living. It assumes that since you’ve had a tremendous, life altering loss – you must be the very best parent now. In fact, for most of us who have gone through the death of a child, it’s just the opposite.
- And always an encouragement when I write on loss and hold my breath to see what the reaction is – it was picked up for Yahoo’s Shine as well.
- Our Land of Nod Homeschool Room Tour – Come take a peek at what the finished room looks like.
- Simple Homeschool: Homeschool Day in the Life – I’ll admit, I have a hard time reading about big homeschool families. It’s just like the constant mental struggle not to fall into the, “What if…” game. But I love this series.
- T-Rex Illusion – You’re going to freak out when you see this.
- A Postcard Beautiful English Village of Bibury, UK – I fell into the picture and made my own pretend life. I even had an accent. ::high kicks::
- Pioneer Woman: Hamburger Soup – We are having this tonight!